Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the deck I brought to the regionals in Atlanta. The idea was to win quickly, or at least score a lot before losing. It caught most runners off guard and once they realized I was doing that, I had two agendas scored. Overall it won 6/8 matches. Once another 3/2 agenda comes out, the private security force and hunter will be dropped. It will be able to score pretty much everything out of hand as soon as it's drawn.

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Agenda: (10)
Accelerated Beta Test (Core) x3
Mandatory Upgrades (What Lies Ahead) x1
Private Security Force (Core) x3
Project Vitruvius (Cyber Exodus) x3

Asset: (6)
Adonis Campaign (Core) x2
Aggressive Secretary (Core) x2
PAD Campaign (Core) x2

ICE: (18)
Enigma (Core) x2
Ice Wall (Core) x3 ■
Ichi 1.0 (Core) x2
Rototurret (Core) x2
Shadow (Core) x1 ■
Viktor 1.0 (Core) x3
Wall of Static (Core) x1
Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) x2 ■
Hunter (Core) x2

Operation: (11)
Archived Memories (Core) x3
Biotic Labor (Core) x2
Trick of Light (Trace Amount) x3 ■■■
Green Level Clearance (A Study in Static) x3

Upgrade: (0)

Total Agenda Points: 20

Influence Values Totals -
Haas-Bioroid: 37
Jinteki: 9
NBN: 2
The Weyland Consortium: 4

The strategy

Central Servers: ICE up R&D a lot. This is where viktor and pop up window is great. Bioroids are good central server ICE and lots of runs will be made. HQ also needs some ICE, but not much. Possibly archives against noise and gabe. Agendas don't normally stay in hand long and you don't want to give the runner an easy run on r&d every turn. When they do get in, drawing on your turn is helpful. You may pull an agenda and once in HQ there is a 1/5 chance they'll pull it IF they run it next turn.

Remote servers: The assets are mainly there to waste the runners clicks and money. I throw out pad and adonis campaigns undefended to see if the runner runs on unrezzed cards or not. If they don't, you can sneak some 3/2 agendas through. If any stay rezzed, that usually takes care of all my money needs. Maybe a server or two gets ICE.

Aggressive secretary can be played once the runner has a program or two out. Behind ICE or not, it doesn't really matter. Aggressive secretary, or mandatory upgrades, is played out and double advanced, leaving the runner with a problem. If they run either, its fine. Losing two points isn't a big deal (but an extra click is). Trashing two programs is great also. If they don't run it I either score mandatory upgrades or Trick of Light the advancements elsewhere.

Fast Advancing: Three trick of light is essential and you want to see them as early as possible. Ice wall, shadow and aggressive secretary are all there to hold counters for trick of light. Whenever you can't score an agenda, advancing one of these pieces of ice, or getting a trick of light is usually the best option unless r&d needs some ICE. Score early and often. Runners aren't usually prepared for the torrent of agendas I play out. Biotic labor should only be used in emergencies(like scoring mandatory upgrades out of hand for the win) or when you have tons of money

Money: The ID is a key part of the economy. This deck needs very few credits to function properly. Usually not more than 4 at any given time and only 1 to score an agenda out of hand with trick of light. A single pad campaign does wonders. The pop up windows and shadow also provide a lot of money. A shadow with advancements is not likely to be broken.

Weakness: yog.0 cuts through all the code gates.
ICE destruction Hurts a lot.
Imp can kill your combo. If it hits the table, wipe counters. One counter is bad. Two is really bad and three is terrible.
Noise's ability can cause a problem. Not so much milling agendas as milling archived memories and trick of light. Over advancing vitruvius is worth it if you think you can pull it off.
Bad draws.

Possible changes: Drop the hunters, which are there because of private security force, for experiential data. And then swap the enigma for viper. This would help with the yog.0 problem. It would also add a few credits to the cost of each R&D run.

Drop a trick of Light and two hunters (or maybe ichi) for a shadow and two chums.

Anonymous Tip would be nice to squeeze in also, but cannot afford the influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to share that it got you second place in a very strong tournament environment. 21 participants is one of the largest I've read about. And you were you against some very strong competition.

Congrats! And thanks for posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks solid! My HB fort deck looks a lot like this I like Mandatory Upgrades, but that's cos I'm a super risky player

On Enigma VS Viper - if you're aiming for a lot of cheap ETR Ice, I see taking both as being very viable, as the one dies to Yog and the other dies to Trace, and not hedging your bet totally against any single threat I think is the best thing to do.

And why 3 Tricks and 2 Biotics when Biotics are in faction? I see you wanna take one out, but why the original reasoning for including it?

Shadow kinda doesn't fill the right role in this deck as it's without tag punishment (PSF doesn't really count, I find). More ETR = better, I feel.

I run the full compliment of 6 out-of-hand scorers, but I do think cutting down is a good idea as they often clutter up. If the early game's rush scoring goes as it should, this deck shouldn't need that many.

Congrats again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Looks solid! My HB fort deck looks a lot like this I like Mandatory Upgrades, but that's cos I'm a super risky player

On Enigma VS Viper - if you're aiming for a lot of cheap ETR Ice, I see taking both as being very viable, as the one dies to Yog and the other dies to Trace, and not hedging your bet totally against any single threat I think is the best thing to do.

And why 3 Tricks and 2 Biotics when Biotics are in faction? I see you wanna take one out, but why the original reasoning for including it?

Shadow kinda doesn't fill the right role in this deck as it's without tag punishment (PSF doesn't really count, I find). More ETR = better, I feel.

I run the full compliment of 6 out-of-hand scorers, but I do think cutting down is a good idea as they often clutter up. If the early game's rush scoring goes as it should, this deck shouldn't need that many.

Congrats again!

Good point on the enigma and viper. I just find opponents with link more annoying than those with yog.

I don't want to take out a trick of light, It is just something I was considering. It is almost too important to cut. Only two biotic labor because they are expensive. I often discard them. I may always be short on money because I advance ICE a lot.

Shadows main role is being advanceable. Its secondary role is money. The tag is not too important. It's not bad to have once I score a PSF

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts:

1) Definitely replace the Mandatory upgrades with two False Leads. Mandatory is unscorable, except possibly early on, whereas False lead is like another 3/2 agenda. The fact that its 1 point instead of 2 generally doesnt matter (only if you get two). This way you have EIGHT 3 difficulty agendas, and three 4 difficulty, of which you must score four.

2) You'll almost never get anyone to bite on an aggressive secretary in this strategy, at least once they have a clue what youre doing. Because youre not playing agendas, advancing them, and saying go.

3) Money assets are great, since you get $1 for playing them, and then you either get free money or burn the runner's money going through your remote. Generally I would prefer to make the runenr go through a moderately fortified remote (like, a Shadow and a Wall of Static for example), over and over, paying to trash money assets. This puts you far ahead of the runner. If you do this strategy, it also sometimes lets you place an agenda face down behind weak defense, and then the runner ignores it because they dont want to waste time on a moeny asset right now, and then you score it.

But to do those things you need good money assets. Melange Mining corp, Adonis primarily. You can add others as well, like Private Contracts, if desired. Generally this deck wont defend a pad, you'd rather have a faster money asset that either gains you a lot, or pressures the runner into spending resources to deny it to you.

Changing '2 adonis 2 secretary 2 pad' to '3 melange 3 adonis' is a big upgade to the deck's strenght, imo.

4) Regarding ICE and influence, I believe that spending 9 on three trick of lights is probably correct, and that 3 ice wall, some shadow some popup is the best use of the other 6 influence, as you have.
For other ice, you want to either stop or tax them efficiently.
Ichi is the only "big hitter" that works well in this deck, so I'd play 3. Stuff like Heimdall is actually pretty bad here, and Tollbooth you dont have influence for. But you know that already.
I find Wall of Static to be great in this deck, as its more cheap stopping, and when they get a breaker it still costs 2, which is more than half your rez cost. You want to force them to need breakers.
Viper is the best code gate you have access to, unless you play in a meta filled with tons of Kate link decks. (Which I dont see that often now, since many shapers switched to Chaos Theory and Dinosaurus). Viper is AMAZING. And it isnt nullified by Yog alone. Additional Enigmas are fine as well, but after 3 vipers, imo.
Viktor is fine, its best against shaper, okay vs Criminal, and weak vs someone with Yog. So its the meta choice for a shaper heavy meta, over Viper (or over Enigma).
I wouldnt play Hunter in this deck, because you only have security force, your hardest agenda to score, to punish tags. And you already have Ichi and Shadow which tag/trace, so loading up even more of this just makes you more vulnerable to link, or dependant on scoring Security Force to get any value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbob wrote:
Only two biotic labor because they are expensive. I often discard them. I may always be short on money because I advance ICE a lot.

Shadows main role is being advanceable. Its secondary role is money. The tag is not too important. It's not bad to have once I score a PSF

Youre short on money cause youre not playing the good money cards (3 mining 3 adonis), youve got only 2 adonis. With mining corp in the deck, biotic labor is very usable, and you can archive it. Being able to score over and over out of hand is very powerful and necessary to this deck.

I love shadows, and yes you need more than 3 advanceable ice, but also the tag is highly relevant vs Anarch and Shaper resource ecnomies. So most runners will lose money as a result of the tag. Because of this I'm playing 2 shadow/1popup, but even considering 3 shadow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When your only goal is to score using Trick of Light; why is there a need for money?

Archived Memories for zero. Advancing ICE wall costs one.
And the only thing that requires money is ICHI which might be two - three rows deep. ... 8 credits? (-1 discount for install). That's two or slightly more turns of 3 credit. Considering the average is an agenda every five turns that's plenty of time to turtle on gaining three credits. I don't think economy was the biggest concern here.

I watched the deck a few times and money isn't the biggest concern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arto H
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Better economy would make Biotic Labors much more playable. Also many runners will want trash Melange instantly when it is rezzed. It works as a good economy source and also good thing to waste runners creds (when it is behind 1-2 ICE).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
Don't forget to share that it got you second place in a very strong tournament environment. 21 participants is one of the largest I've read about. And you were you against some very strong competition.

I'd be curious to hear how big regionals get. There were 34 in Santa Clara last week. Burlingame and San Francisco still to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Some thoughts:

1) Definitely replace the Mandatory upgrades with two False Leads. Mandatory is unscorable, except possibly early on, whereas False lead is like another 3/2 agenda. The fact that its 1 point instead of 2 generally doesnt matter (only if you get two). This way you have EIGHT 3 difficulty agendas, and three 4 difficulty, of which you must score four.

2) You'll almost never get anyone to bite on an aggressive secretary in this strategy, at least once they have a clue what youre doing. Because youre not playing agendas, advancing them, and saying go.

3) Money assets are great, since you get $1 for playing them, and then you either get free money or burn the runner's money going through your remote. Generally I would prefer to make the runenr go through a moderately fortified remote (like, a Shadow and a Wall of Static for example), over and over, paying to trash money assets. This puts you far ahead of the runner. If you do this strategy, it also sometimes lets you place an agenda face down behind weak defense, and then the runner ignores it because they dont want to waste time on a moeny asset right now, and then you score it.

But to do those things you need good money assets. Melange Mining corp, Adonis primarily. You can add others as well, like Private Contracts, if desired. Generally this deck wont defend a pad, you'd rather have a faster money asset that either gains you a lot, or pressures the runner into spending resources to deny it to you.

Changing '2 adonis 2 secretary 2 pad' to '3 melange 3 adonis' is a big upgade to the deck's strenght, imo.

4) Regarding ICE and influence, I believe that spending 9 on three trick of lights is probably correct, and that 3 ice wall, some shadow some popup is the best use of the other 6 influence, as you have.
For other ice, you want to either stop or tax them efficiently.
Ichi is the only "big hitter" that works well in this deck, so I'd play 3. Stuff like Heimdall is actually pretty bad here, and Tollbooth you dont have influence for. But you know that already.
I find Wall of Static to be great in this deck, as its more cheap stopping, and when they get a breaker it still costs 2, which is more than half your rez cost. You want to force them to need breakers.
Viper is the best code gate you have access to, unless you play in a meta filled with tons of Kate link decks. (Which I dont see that often now, since many shapers switched to Chaos Theory and Dinosaurus). Viper is AMAZING. And it isnt nullified by Yog alone. Additional Enigmas are fine as well, but after 3 vipers, imo.
Viktor is fine, its best against shaper, okay vs Criminal, and weak vs someone with Yog. So its the meta choice for a shaper heavy meta, over Viper (or over Enigma).
I wouldnt play Hunter in this deck, because you only have security force, your hardest agenda to score, to punish tags. And you already have Ichi and Shadow which tag/trace, so loading up even more of this just makes you more vulnerable to link, or dependant on scoring Security Force to get any value.

1 and 2 go together. I like mandatory upgrades. It lets me bluff aggressive secretaries. I don't really care if the runner hits it or not. I just want the advancements. Being able to score mandatory upgrades is just a plus. I would rather swap out PSF for false leads. PSF are annoying to score.

3 I don't ICE up remotes ever. I might throw one out, I might rez it. But that takes resources away from r&d defense. Pad and adonis are plenty of money and are good for testing the runners willingness to run and wasting his resources. I tried government contracts but didn't like it. Mining corp is too easy to trash and requires a full turn. A pad campaign in this deck is like an extra click every turn because I take money frequently.

4 I have a total of 4 advanceable ICE and 2 secretaries. I may swap a pop up for a shadow to have one more advanceable card, but I really only need 1 ICE out and having a ICE cst zero to rez and make you money is quite nice.

I am quite convinced I need to add viper now. -2 hunter, -1 viktor -wall of static +2 viper +2 experimental data. It will make viper, viktor and roto turret much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, and I'm both psyched and disappointed to hear your deck did so well, because it's ~95% similar to the deck I was going to bring to that tournament, but I couldn't make it. I had Melanges and False Leads (no Mandatory Upgrade), and also slightly different ice (Viper in addition to Enigma, etc.), but the strategy was the same. It's very solid, but the meta will change by the next Atlanta regional, so we'll see if this deck is still my go-to then. Congrats again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
When your only goal is to score using Trick of Light; why is there a need for money?

And the only thing that requires money is ICHI which might be two - three rows deep. ... 8 credits? (-1 discount for install). That's two or slightly more turns of 3 credit. Considering the average is an agenda every five turns that's plenty of time to turtle on gaining three credits. I don't think economy was the biggest concern here.

Cost to fast advance with tricks of light = 1 click to install agenda, 2 clicks + 2 creds to advance ice + 1 click + 1 cred to play tricks = 7
Cost for the same with Biotic = 4 creds + 1 click to play card + 3 creds. = 8

Overall, they cost about the same to run, the one is cheaper to finish, the other is more surprising when it happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
notyetsuperman wrote:

Cost to fast advance with tricks of light = 1 click to install agenda, 2 clicks + 2 creds to advance ice + 1 click + 1 cred to play tricks = 7
Cost for the same with Biotic = 4 creds + 1 click to play card + 3 creds. = 8

Overall, they cost about the same to run, the one is cheaper to finish, the other is more surprising when it happens.

They do cost about the same to pull off, but when you need the money is different. Trick of light you only need 1 credit at the start of a turn to pull off and advancing you only need a few credits at a time. Biotic labor you need 6. Having to keep 6 credits leaves you more vulnerable to account siphon.

Costing almost the same is a good argument to trade a trick of light for a biotic labor and change some ICE though. I'll need to play around with that idea some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbob wrote:
1 and 2 go together. I like mandatory upgrades. It lets me bluff aggressive secretaries. I don't really care if the runner hits it or not. I just want the advancements. Being able to score mandatory upgrades is just a plus. I would rather swap out PSF for false leads. PSF are annoying to score.

3 I don't ICE up remotes ever. I might throw one out, I might rez it. But that takes resources away from r&d defense. Pad and adonis are plenty of money and are good for testing the runners willingness to run and wasting his resources. I tried government contracts but didn't like it. Mining corp is too easy to trash and requires a full turn. A pad campaign in this deck is like an extra click every turn because I take money frequently.

4 I have a total of 4 advanceable ICE and 2 secretaries. I may swap a pop up for a shadow to have one more advanceable card, but I really only need 1 ICE out and having a ICE cst zero to rez and make you money is quite nice.

I am quite convinced I need to add viper now. -2 hunter, -1 viktor -wall of static +2 viper +2 experimental data. It will make viper, viktor and roto turret much better.

My version of this deck runs 3 biotic labor, 3 trick of light, 3 archived memories. In more than a few games I score mandatory upgrades on the same turn I play it, or I sac 2 false leads and score it in 2 turns where the runner can do absolutely nothing about it. It means I can save the rest of my tricks and biotics for PSF and instascore anything else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jethro Hendrickx
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thing is, IF you score upgrades early, you're doing very very good. If instead you had scored another 1-2 agendas, you'd still be doing very good. However you avoided the biggest hurdle of actually scoring the MU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael crow
United States
minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:

Very impressive, indeed.

I know the Minneapolis Regional at Tower Games had something like 22 players. Good to see very nice turnouts for the Regionals.

Cool deck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
Any thoughts regarding the possibility that ToL synergizes better with the new Weyland identity (more natural homes for advancement tokens) and a Commercialization FA approach? I did some testing with a similar version of this HBFA and found it moderately vulnerable to NoiseShop (difficult to adequately defend R&D + Archives, staying poor, vulnerable to mill/Imp of combo pieces, the usual) and less than exciting against criminal. I rebuilt it with a more robust econ suite and SanSan instead of Trick and it seems to be doing better, but sample sizes with each version are still less than 10 games so hard to draw any real conclusions. I just think the deck with 3 Biotics and 3 SanSan is more resilient to bad draws (no token reservoirs makes ToL a dead card, Biotic and SanSan will never be dead cards).

The agenda composition is another challenge. 3/2 x6 obv, but then the question of how many False Leads to run and whether to include any 5/3 arises. I am coming around to PVx3, ABTx3, MUx3, FLx2. Given that the Runner's scoring will most likely be done off random accesses, making them have 4 successful pulls seems advisable. Running one fewer Agg Sec (compared to a 10 agenda version) is not a problem, as its main use seems to be finishing off a runner who is already behind and feels like they must check it. Anyone see any reason to run 5/3's here?

EDIT: Also, ICE composition. It's a lot of Yog food. Against Anarch/Shaper have to consider Viper Yog food as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TandooriChicken wrote:
Any thoughts regarding the possibility that ToL synergizes better with the new Weyland identity (more natural homes for advancement tokens) and a Commercialization FA approach? I did some testing with a similar version of this HBFA and found it moderately vulnerable to NoiseShop (difficult to adequately defend R&D + Archives, staying poor, vulnerable to mill/Imp of combo pieces, the usual) and less than exciting against criminal. I rebuilt it with a more robust econ suite and SanSan instead of Trick and it seems to be doing better, but sample sizes with each version are still less than 10 games so hard to draw any real conclusions. I just think the deck with 3 Biotics and 3 SanSan is more resilient to bad draws (no token reservoirs makes ToL a dead card, Biotic and SanSan will never be dead cards).

The agenda composition is another challenge. 3/2 x6 obv, but then the question of how many False Leads to run and whether to include any 5/3 arises. I am coming around to PVx3, ABTx3, MUx3, FLx2. Given that the Runner's scoring will most likely be done off random accesses, making them have 4 successful pulls seems advisable. Running one fewer Agg Sec (compared to a 10 agenda version) is not a problem, as its main use seems to be finishing off a runner who is already behind and feels like they must check it. Anyone see any reason to run 5/3's here?

EDIT: Also, ICE composition. It's a lot of Yog food. Against Anarch/Shaper have to consider Viper Yog food as well.

The problem with weyland using trick of light is without eating up all your influence, you only have 3 trick of lights total available. 3 trick of light and 3 archived memories might be enough to fast advance. The identity in HB provides a more flexible credit income than the weyland ID also. Free bit a turn vs free advance a turn. The other problem is the agendas in weyland. Project atlas and hostile takeover are both good for fast advance, but none of teh otehrs are.

Sansan isn't too great in this build, but maybe with some more economy and ICE it could work. It forces you to build a remote with ICE defending it and it costs more to use. The runner will run and trash it. There isn't too much else worth running on.

Mandatory upgrades is an agenda I would rather not see in this deck. It is too hard to score. I wouldn't run more than 1x. False leads is a decent pick, you just don't want to see both in a game. Including a 5/3 agenda would let the runner win off just 3 agendas. With all 2 or 1 point agendas he needs 4.

Yes,, lots of yog food. It wasn't a big problem but it is something I will be changing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
All good points. Maybe I will try to make ToL work in my Haas a little more.

With regard to agenda composition, PSF takes two tricks (be they Tricks or Biotics, whatever) to score from hand. Are you really getting by with no remote? Seems like drawing anything other than a 3/2 is gonna clog your hand. Maybe I'm missing a technique here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a lot of value in a remote still in this strategy. It can waste a lot of the runner's money.

I think that a major strategy in netrunner is trying to induce runs into a remote server. Every time you can do that, and your remote has no agenda, you have burned a bunch of runner resources with 0 chance of them getting an agenda! One of the best things about mining corp is that runners will often try hard to come kill it, giving your remote server ice more value. The runner going through a Shadow and a Viper and then paying to trash an Adonis is amazing value. Thats a lot of resources that didnt get put into attacking centrals. And all you did was put an adonis face down (gaining $1!)

Secondly, early on you can often score an agenda behind a couple ice.

Third, when youre employing the 'endless stream of things in my remote' strategy, the runner will often decide they arent worth it and wont run them. Sometimes thats what you need in order to sneak an agenda through there. Its a lot easier to score 4 agendas if you can standard-advance one or two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
In the Regional I was in, I had 3 Mandatory Upgrades in my deck. Only once did I have it stolen before I could finish it. And even then, it was only because every defense I put up had me end with less than three credits before my turn. He ran it 3 times over three turns before he got it.

With so many upgrades in the deck, I would always install, next turn advance 3 times. If I think they runner can make it, I can install an Aggressive Secretary to ruin them. There are also 2 5 advancement agendas so I can score them this way too. With the right ice, you can score one early and use that extra click to plow your way to victory. Then you are just waiting for a 2/3 agenda and you can score it out of hand. I don't want to change your deck really, but I wouldn't give up on Mandatory Upgrades. You might even be able to do the Jinteki trick where you take counters off an agenda to score a different one. Then they'll just think it's a trap and will let you score it later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can find the money and ICE to set up a remote, It can be valuable to store assets and score agendas. I generally don't have too much extra cash to do so. Possibly because I don't protect my money making assets

PSF generally get clogged in my hand for a few turns. Most runners assume since I'm fast advancing things never stay in hand so it isn't run as often.

I may swap a PSF for MU... And a PSF for two false leads. That does sound like fun. I have trouble scoring PSF anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterbob wrote:
If you can find the money and ICE to set up a remote, It can be valuable to store assets and score agendas. I generally don't have too much extra cash to do so. Possibly because I don't protect my money making assets

PSF generally get clogged in my hand for a few turns. Most runners assume since I'm fast advancing things never stay in hand so it isn't run as often.

I may swap a PSF for MU... And a PSF for two false leads. That does sound like fun. I have trouble scoring PSF anyways.

If you have one Adonis stick around, or mine once, then thats the money for your remote. And then you get to try to drain the runner for a number of credits repeatedly, and/or get more money, and/or actually push an agenda through normally. Any time you put an agenda down and score it the next turn because they got bluffed into thinking it was a money asset and they didnt care, then you basically save $4 and a biotic (or $1, a trick, and two advancement counters).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog wrote:
Butterbob wrote:

If you have one Adonis stick around, or mine once, then thats the money for your remote. And then you get to try to drain the runner for a number of credits repeatedly, and/or get more money, and/or actually push an agenda through normally. Any time you put an agenda down and score it the next turn because they got bluffed into thinking it was a money asset and they didnt care, then you basically save $4 and a biotic (or $1, a trick, and two advancement counters).

That's basically what I do, but without the ICE. I'll try it some more with actually rezzing ICE on at least one remote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I have been playing a similar deck with the addition of 3 mmc and 3 adonis and it's the nuts. The ability to "dump" a mid-game ice on a remote to get that 1 credit and then throw upgrades under there to induce runs which pull big riggers away from critical central servers if you've gotten an agenda or two backed up in there from bad draws is an AMAZING extra tool.

They don't know you don't really even need that MMC. They go nuts about it. It's great. I've been in games where imps get deja vu'd just to chase down adonis. 1 adonis under a single wall of static. one out in the open. That's often translates into to full runner turns while you're working on your combo with 2 agendas in hand. Nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.