tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gifford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Re: Wave 2 restock 04-15-2013
Thank you very much for the heads up. Was able to order the 4 Interceptors and A-Wings I needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, a BIG thank you for the heads up! I'm trying to control my excitement until they actually ship, but I managed to snag a couple of A wings and an interceptor like I was hoping for. Tempted to go for a second TIE/In but can't quite justify it to myself yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaand, they're gone! (TIE Int, anyway, as of 6:00 p.m. EST...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really tired of people buying all these up, it is getting ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$9.99!!!! We pay £11.99 for them here in the UK. That's $18.32!!!
Sometimes it sucks to be British.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the email as I was on their waiting list.... and yes... they're already gone.

Oh good.... now for another couple months of watching Ebay scalpers ruin something I love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul

Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A-wings are gone too.

Here is what annoys me about this situation (or at least often seems to happen). Once something is perceived to be rare, people gobble up supply even when they don't really need it just to make a few bucks.

I realize that many people who bought today probably did purchase for themselves, but I would also guess that the speculator were out in force too.

Eventually, everyone does get what they want and I can guarantee that supply will eventually be there, but the speculative buying tends to prolong that process.

I will wait patiently for what I want, but it does get old when you see folks gobble up the limited stock so they can run to ebay and sell their $10 items for $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:

Then US gamers buy GW products and the proverbial shoe has changed feet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Johnson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
Just got the email as I was on their waiting list.... and yes... they're already gone.

Oh good.... now for another couple months of watching Ebay scalpers ruin something I love.

Yea coolstuff tends to be slow on sending out those back in stock emails. Knew there was a restock coming this week though from the FFG Upcoming Releases and Reprints page so I was refreshing coolstuff throughout the day. I made this post within a couple min of seeing them up with the hopes more BGGers could finally get their models as well.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put more stock up there in the coming days, I also wouldn't be surprised if they threw them up there for outrageous prices again either. They were selling A-wings for $20 and TIE Interceptors for $26 each at one point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:

Sometimes? whistle

I kid, I kid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan King
United States
Stockbridge
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too followed the FGG page, but between driving to work and getting settled in I lost out to the tournament fanboys who have to have 10 of everything devil (yes I'm jealous I want my 2 tie interceptors)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phiros wrote:
I also wouldn't be surprised if they threw them up there for outrageous prices again either. They were selling A-wings for $20 and TIE Interceptors for $26 each at one point.

To be fair, they were probably buying that stock from individuals at an inflated price; their stock when that was happening never rose above 5+ that I remember. If CSI wanted to gouge on the restocks they're getting now, they could, but they aren't. IMO, to their credit.

(To be honest, when I saw them back in stock last week and got my four -- one of which I don't actually need, turns out -- I thought the $9.99 was a mistake in the listing, because I actually thought the Wave 2 fighters were supposed to be more expensive than the Wave 1 fighters. Now I feel bad for trying to take advantage of their "mistake.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least we can probably all take solace in the fact that, if Wave 3 is indeed B-Wings and TIE Bombers, there probably won't be similar stock issues because:

(1) FFG will be better prepared to meet demand
(2) People will presumably not want so many of each, since they'll likely be support ships and not primary fighters

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
At least we can probably all take solace in the fact that, if Wave 3 is indeed B-Wings and TIE Bombers, there probably won't be similar stock issues because:

(2) People will presumably not want so many of each, since they'll likely be support ships and not primary fighters

I don't think it's about being prepared to meet demand. I think producing them just takes a little more time. They're tiny little models that require humans to help make, and then they're in huge packages. It makes sense to ship em as soon as you get a shipping box full, while the factory works on filling up another container. Everyone starts getting money sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
With the supposed slow down in China's economy, you can't tell me that there aren't at least 10,000+ people unemployed that could be painting 8 hours a day, 7 days a week!

It does take a couple weeks to get across the ocean by ship from Hong Kong to LA since there are normally stops in Taiwan or Japan before getting to the US. There isn't a shortage of container ships either in the world so there really isn't much excuse other than poor logistics management throughout the manufacturing and distribution processes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
Tusken Raider wrote:

Not sure you are comparing eggs, with eggs here.

I was in the States recently and I saw these in a store for $14.99 and then there would be sales tax at 6.5%.

We are paying about the same as the US FLGS price, and sometimes cheaper. At least that is my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:

I think that point 2 is indeed likely, but I can't see how point 1 will be ay different from the current situation. In fact, I'll be pissed if they go ahead with wave 3 and the current shortage is not addressed. They have no business moving ahead with new ships when obviously there are so many people who can't get the wave 2 ships.

I was lucky enough to grab an A-wing when the window opened. It's my first wave 2 ship acquired. I agree with those who are irritated at the poachers, but I think there are still a fair amount of folks like me who are looking for their first wave 2 purchases. I guess I am dumbfounded by the length that people will go to to make only a very small profit. How much can you really make on these wave 2 short sells? There are so many other options out there, certainly there's gotta be an easier way to make a few bucks?

Well, they need to be careful, because at some indeterminate point we are going to hit saturation in the market (or FFG will have a big restock they don't foresee) and the poachers will be stuck with their minis. It won't take much to erase all the profits they are currently making, since they are bound to be pretty small margins (dollar-wise).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My store in Gainesville FL has everything buy X-Wings in stock at retail price. Just take a vacation to FL soon - we could use the tourist taxes.

I thought about buying a few to sell to you guys/gals, but by the time I pay for them at retail, get boxes and then ship them to you, it may add too much to be worth it. Although, if someone could just point out a UPS box and send me some money, I should be able to send out a few interceptors / A wings over the weekend. Let the highest order win my services!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mykel Kramer
United States
Englewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market just restocked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ryanking wrote:
I too followed the FGG page, but between driving to work and getting settled in I lost out to the tournament fanboys who have to have 10 of everything devil (yes I'm jealous I want my 2 tie interceptors)

Ten?? There is some lunatic on the FFG forums who is building an entire Imperial-class Star Destroyer's fighter wing (72 fighters).

I think he's single-handedly responsible for the shortages of TIEs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.