Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I roll 'A Cursed Village' on the Coop Table, which requires me to pull a Mystery Card for each investigator, what happens if one of them is already knocked out? Do I skip the card draw for him/her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As worded, I would think that the investigator must skip that mystery card. Which is actually a nice benefit in that particularly rare situation.

On page 17:

Quote:
While KO’d, a Hero does not participate in any element of the game. They do not collect Investigation, cannot be attacked, etc. The player of a KO’d Hero MAY, however, still play Event Cards as normal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only check the base game rule (come on FFP, give us the expansion rulebooks online too), but IIRC, the Mystery Phase Order isn't changed much in SW, one additional step if memory serves. As it stands, KOd heroes revive in Step 2, which is before the roll on the Co-Op chart (and also before drawing a card) so all heroes should up and about by the time the roll takes place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, guys. In this case, the sequence of normal play was somewhat altered, because the co-op chart directed that Mystery Cards be drawn for each investigator instead of the normal card draw. As it turned out, the first such draw resulted in Sara getting knocked out. Thus, when it was her turn to draw, she was already unconcious. Hence, I think I agree that she would not draw a Mystery Card.

Either way, the Banshee is kicking the heck out of my four investigators. I see no hope for the good guys in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.