Subject: Thoughts on Suburbia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just about ready to order this game, but was wondering how Replayable it is? I would be mostly playing with my 13 year old.. How are the components? Thanks for the help..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
Just about ready to order this game, but was wondering how Replayable it is? I would be mostly playing with my 13 year old.. How are the components? Thanks for the help..

I think the replayablity is pretty high. There are about 35 tiles of each of the three phases, A, B, C... you use about 1/2 of them each game randomly making the stacks. (just estimating I didn't check the actual counts).

The same goals for the goals... there are about 20-30 goals and each game you use 4 as public goals and each player gets 2 and chooses one as their private goal.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I absolutely love this game. I've played it several times and each game has been different from the last. I've played two player and four player games and it plays beautifully both ways. The component quality is fantastic as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Blue
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is very replayable due to the large numbers of available tiles. The components are good -- with the caveat that you need to pay close attention when punching the tiles, and you may want to have a utility knife close by. This printing has had issues with the punch sheets not always being cut all the way through. I wrote a thread about this issue, but on my set, I found that certain tiles had about a 1/8" strip that wasn't totally cut through. If you are careful when punching, you should be able to identify those tiles and use a utility knife to make a clean cut out of the punch sheets.

Even with that issue, this is a fantastic game that I am sure you will enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
I absolutely love this game. I've played it several times and each game has been different from the last. I've played two player and four player games and it plays beautifully both ways. The component quality is fantastic as well.
Thanks for the help, It looks like a great game, I have been watching videos of it, Im just trying to get the feel for it.. I dont want to buy it and then only play it a couple times because no one has any interest in..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Highly replayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:
Thanks for the help, It looks like a great game, I have been watching videos of it, Im just trying to get the feel for it.. I dont want to buy it and then only play it a couple times because no one has any interest in..

I watched several videos before playing it myself. Honestly, I found the explanations in the videos made the game seem way more complicated than it really is. The rule book is only a couple of pages long. Once you get the flow, the game moves along rather smoothly.

As others have mentioned, there's quite a bit of variety in the game as each playthrough requires that you randomly remove a certain amount of tiles and then dish out a few at a time. The possible combinations make the game highly replayable. This is honestly one of my current favorite games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
coco123 wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:

I watched several videos before playing it myself. Honestly, I found the explanations in the videos made the game seem way more complicated than it really is. The rule book is only a couple of pages long. Once you get the flow, the game moves along rather smoothly.

As others have mentioned, there's quite a bit of variety in the game as each playthrough requires that you randomly remove a certain amount of tiles and then dish out a few at a time. The possible combinations make the game highly replayable. This is honestly one of my current favorite games.
Thanks for the help, I have ordered games in the past and then only played them once becuase they were not our thing.. Just want to make sure that this is for us..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Textor
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
coco123 wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:
coco123 wrote:
[q="El_Squiv"]

Thanks for the help, I have ordered games in the past and then only played them once becuase they were not our thing.. Just want to make sure that this is for us..

So ... did you get it? What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it was "meh". It'll be a great IOS app, but as a boardgame, too many combos and missed scoring because of too many tile combos occurring during scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.