Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If we hit the 275k level, will there be sculpts for the Elemental and Rats Lairs?

Also, will extra sculpts for the lairs be available as optional purchases?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on how they have handled everything else in the campaign soooooooo far; I'd say yes and yes, but we'll have to wait for official confirmation. I'd like to see them add a second lair set to the apprentice level when the unlock just like they have been doing with the minion sets.

There's really no reason to have double traps (unless the trickster starts dropping multiple copies)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be sculpts for every Lair for a monster type that is unlocked.

At 275, that would be the Orcs, Arachnids, Skeletons, and Elementals.

If Rats are unlocked, then you would get Rat Lairs, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And there you go
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yamato2 wrote:
I'd like to see them add a second lair set to the apprentice level when the unlock just like they have been doing with the minion sets.

Since Apprentice Pledge level seems to be geared towards those of us who want to run dual-lair tiles, I'd really like for this to happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many monsters...must...have...more....lairs...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BShotton wrote:

Any word if additional Lairs will be made available as an add on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grim Reaper
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Brian: As there will be only one lair in the 275k unlock I would be more than happy if you could add them as an additional purchase so one can buy at least another one of every type. May also help raise the pledges a bit.

Edit: of course I meant "one lair per monster type"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grimzim wrote:
@Brian: As there will be only one lair in the 275k unlock I would be more than happy if you could add them as an additional purchase so one can buy at least another one of every type. May also help raise the pledges a bit.

There is not one lair in the $275k stretch goal:

BShotton wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ukko Kaarto
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:

What Grim meant by "...there will be only one lair in the 275k unlock..." is that there's only one lair per monster type. We already know that there is a good chance for double lair tiles in the game and many people (including me) would like to use same monster type for both lairs. That's why it would be nice to have two of each monster type lair.

+1 for the optional purchase possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riccardo Menozzi
Italy
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@ Brian I remember you guys saying that you were considering putting 2 of each lair into the 275 stretch goal instead of only one, any news on that side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordjinn wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

What Grim meant by "...there will be only one lair in the 275k unlock..." is that there's only one lair per monster type. We already know that there is a good chance for double lair tiles in the game and many people (including me) would like to use same monster type for both lairs. That's why it would be nice to have two of each monster type lair.

+1 for the optional purchase possibility.

Ah, I missed the buy 'another' one of each. Oops!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll talk.

It will be tricky because 3D traps are also in that stretch goal, and you don't need multiple models of those (and we don't want to spend money where it isn't needed). So either the extra rewards will need to be specifically worded so as not to suggest you'll get that stretch twice, or we can add it as an optional purchase.

We'll decide if and when we reach it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barrie Voice
United Kingdom
Letchworth Garden City
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
BShotton wrote:

I'm pretty sure you only needed to say "when we reach it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
BShotton wrote:
We'll talk.

It will be tricky because 3D traps are also in that stretch goal, and you don't need multiple models of those (and we don't want to spend money where it isn't needed). So either the extra rewards will need to be specifically worded so as not to suggest you'll get that stretch twice, or we can add it as an optional purchase.

Another option would be to leave it as is but put an extra set of lairs into the $150 pledge level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zel Endren
msg tools
Mr Skeletor wrote:
BShotton wrote:
We'll talk.

Another option would be to leave it as is but put an extra set of lairs into the $150 pledge level.

I like the sound of this option. It would give apprentice enough lairs (which is why people upgrade to apprentice anyways), and it would lure more of the captains to apprentice as well, which would give the project another boost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Myth Update 38 wrote:
Myth just broke the 275k mark and all backers Captain level and above receive sculpted Lairs and traps. You'll get one of each Lair for enemy-types that are in the base game or we unlock through stretch goals. You'll also get six sculpted traps to use on the tiles and with the Trickster.

A nice reward (10-11 unique sculpts) but no 2nd lairs in Apprentice? Not much point having enough figures for double lairs if you don't actually have two lairs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
Mr Skeletor wrote:

+1 for this. Afterall that's the whole purpose of going Apprentice isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been said that there will be a way to get more Lairs by some method, you just need to be patient to find out how!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.