Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BibKamp318
Belgium
Beerse [near Turnhout]
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with 5-6, an additional "Building" phase is included [with a limit of 7 hand cards, that proves to be very useful/needed > pick what you want].

My interpretation of the rules said that - because it's an additional building phase, this would only apply when the player did build something, hence allowing all other players to also build.

I learned a few weeks ago when some new gamers attended one of our weekly game nights [in a "beer" cafe > they have more than a 100!], that the additional Building Phase always applies.

After re-reading the rules, they were right.
However, they did play it using my interpretation as they agreed it does add an additional "tactic": when you as active player notice that other players have too many cards, you can decide NOT to build, hence they can not build themselves ... leaving them with too many cards and the 1-in-6 risk of dice showing the terrible "7".

They play it "my" way ever since.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paull
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Luk,

In the regular SvC game, the additional building phase is done after _every_ normal turn, whether the player built anything or not.

This is not the case in Sternenfahrer. In that game, the additional building phase occurs only when the player whose turn it is actually builds something.

Hope that helps.

--JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.