Popular Tags: [View All]
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

Well here it is!

Version 2, all the updated files, artwork, maps and two sizing options either A4 or US letter for my friends across the pond!

Enjoy and as always spread the word and thankyou for your ongoing support!

In line with the comments below and a few more little problems we have found here are the v2.1 files.

20/04/13 16:30 GMT Link to v2.1 files restored.

Arkham Investigator complete - A4 (75mb)

Arkham Investigator complete - US Letter (75mb)

Note - These files are hosted on dropbox and the Bitly links allow me to count the number of number of hits. They are uploading now so if they don't work try again in a couple of hours :)

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook for more news, updates and future free stuff!

Cheers, Hal
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just spotted a problem w/ the US letter version (good spot Andy!) will post corrected files later tonight :)

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just downloaded this new version to check the game out. Looks like a lot of fun.

I was wondering if anybody is having trouble printing the rulebook? I've got a Dell 1320c colour laser printer and the graphics from the A4 zip print out almost black, even when I've brightened the images by 50%! Everything else prints beautifully, even the map.

*addenda* I've been looking at the graphics, and it appears that they have some sort of image mask used on them that is causing the darkness There are odd cut-outs that show parts of the image clearly but the other areas are 'covered' so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Birt
msg tools
mb
This was excellent! I really enjoyed playing this last night. I printed the A4 edition and it looks very nice. Noticed a couple of typos (not sure if you want me to post here). This project shows tremendous effort & I am eagerly looking forward to the next installment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Bruce - this seems to be a strange issue. Indeed a mask was applied in pages then exported to the PDF. Did you resolve it as it printed out okay on my laser?

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mb
You are a champion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Hal,
No I didn't manage to resolve it, and gave up, mostly due to the fact that it was eating so much toner every time I tried to print. The cover and the picture on page 6 of the rulebooks are the worst. The images are so dark to begin with and the masking just makes them print as a black square, at least in part. There is an oval around the creatures eyes on page 6 that is not blacked out, oddly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance of you posting the game files to BGG, or at least putting a link to the download in the game description page, somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great stuff Hall, enjoyed playing this very much! Any insights on when we can expect the next scenario?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the files are too large to host here on BGG. For the latest news and updates please follow us on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/ArkhamInvestigator?id=150032048506331...

As you can see disaster has recently struck my poor MacBook!

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got an update re: printing problems. I've just purchased a new colour Laser printer (Fuji Xerox CM305df) I tried printing the files again and the masking problem appears to be resolved!

The images are still very dark, and the only way to get them to print visibly was to screw the Gamma wide open in the advanced settings on the printer. Is there any chance you could lighten them in the original source file? The cover page has a horizontal black bar that runs through the centre of the open book on the table in the bottom centre. Is that supposed to be there? Any adjustment I made to graphic print quality did not affect that element.

All the other documents print clearly and they look stunning. Can't wait to give this a play through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it will be at least mid September when I get my exploded laptop back but I'll give it a go :)

Enjoy!

Cheers,Hal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I play with Blue
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:
I've got an update re: printing problems. I've just purchased a new colour Laser printer (Fuji Xerox CM305df) I tried printing the files again and the masking problem appears to be resolved!

The images are still very dark, and the only way to get them to print visibly was to screw the Gamma wide open in the advanced settings on the printer. Is there any chance you could lighten them in the original source file? The cover page has a horizontal black bar that runs through the centre of the open book on the table in the bottom centre. Is that supposed to be there? Any adjustment I made to graphic print quality did not affect that element.

All the other documents print clearly and they look stunning. Can't wait to give this a play through.

Bruce, I think that black bar going across the book is a lamp shining on the book, but you just seeing the silhouette of it. Otherwise, have you tried a different pdf program, maybe whatever you are using is having issues. The pictures in mine are dark but I think they are supposed to be that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Prevot
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Have just stumbled upon your game and downloaded v2. Will hopefully read/print it over the next few days.

One thing I did notice however is that the Arkham Investigator Rulebook 2b still has "First Edition" in the image at the top! Bit of an oversight!

I hope this will be great to play alongside my copy of Arkham Horror
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
V2 is still 'first edition' in that nothing has changed apart from the artwork, map and grammar/spelling corrections.

Anyway hope you like it - should be able to put out the next case in a couple of weeks.

Mickey Vara the artist says he might work up a new logo for me :)

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
birchbeer
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fascinating! Is this planned for a future physical boardgame, or exclusive to download?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
8th summit will be publishing as a physical game :) yay !

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game is at the top of my "MUST BE MINE" list. Two questions:

1) Have you decided how many cases are going to come with the game?

2) Are cases 1 and 2 going to be the same ones as the print & play version?

Keep us posted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mauro,

Currently we have the following cases planned for release:

Planned cases to appear in print edition (order may change, titles may change):

Case 1 - A Grain of Evil
Case 2 - The King Cometh
Case 3 - Slumbering Solace
Case 4 - The Feathered Basilisk
Case 5 - The Vanished Girl
Case 6 - The Liber Mortis
Case 7 - The Faceless Expedition
Case 8 - A Stalker in the Shadows

As you can see the first two cases are there, but will be remastered with the new format and rules - if you have played the initial two cases before there is still replay-ability with them as they will have other differences apart from the rules.

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauro Reis
United States
Doylestown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for answering. I've played the first case with some friends and was waiting for a chance to play the second with them, I think I'll hold off until the print edition of the game comes out then! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing and running with my regular group that loves the mythos.

Hoping it will be a hit, can't say how much i like the idea of being able to play a "demo" of a game before release, great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Airborne XO
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Why Thankyou sir I hope you and your group enjoy! Don't forget to follow on Facebook to share your adventures :)

Cheers, Hal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
3 Minute Boardgames
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll do you one better, I'll document the event and publish it on my blog Vomkrieg. http://vom-krieg.blogspot.co.nz/

We are finishing up Round 3 of our epic star wars campaign over the next 2 weeks, so probably 3 weeks away from playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.