Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Dave Vander Ark's translation states:

Quote:
You may not build “impossible” canoes, i.e. you may not put two stern cards next to each other.

Does that extend to building a canoe that cannot be completed, either because a non-bow/stern abuts the virtual edge of my x14 grid, or because it would join a Blackfoot and Redfoot canoe (when playing with tribes variant)?

When playing yesterday, I attacked my opponent, stealing the other half of the Gold combo. I was happy to slide my cards over to make room for it, but suddenly found myself in a position where it was impossible to complete the canoe. Of course, my opponent now had no incentive to attack it, and I couldn't feed it to Crazy Hatchet, so that row became locked up for the duration of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Coffin
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland and Labrador
flag msg tools
I like trains.
badge
Nikola Tesla, Rockstar Scientist
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been about 20~30 years since I've played, so my memory of the rules is a little fuzzy. zombie

I seem to remember disallowing any play that would prevent a canoe from being completed. (These usually involved the two-card pairs.)
Whether that was an official rule or something we house ruled, I can't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.