Popular Tags: [View All]
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
So on some of the building tiles/cards, there are instructions for how each building produces the product tokens. Most say, "when you take a produce>>develop action, place X tokens on this tile."

The question we had: what happens if you have already produced on that building in an earlier round but have not yet sold those products? Can you keep adding products to that building indefinitely?

That could make a player's next "sell" action INSANELY powerful (I'm thinking of the Warehouse in the Heights or the ARC Counterfeiter in Midtown). On the other hand, maybe that's the point and it becomes sort of a "push your luck" type of situation.

Also, when Isaac/Colby stop by next, a question for you guys- would you prefer if we double-posted these rules questions over at PHG.com, or is it ok to just keep them here on BGG? Thanks for all your support of your customers at both sites!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the rules, it appears that you can since there's no prohibition from doing so. Bear in mind that you can only sell as many goods with a Sell Action as you have Influence, which is somewhat self-limiting. Getting a strong economy going where you can Produce>>>Develop and then Sell to immediately regain your lost ARCs from Developing is clearly a strong synergy to establish, as is holding off on Selling until you're maxing out your Sales to match your Influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, they just build up. In practice it won't get too crazy though, because a token-loaded development is a rich target. Anyone can just swoop in and sell the products you generously created for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manny S
United States
Seattle
WA
flag msg tools
Blades in the Dark by John Harper - twitter.com/john_harper
badge
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -CS Lewis
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
Yep, they just build up. In practice it won't get too crazy though, because a token-loaded development is a rich target. Anyone can just swoop in and sell the products you generously created for them.

Ahh, that was going to be my next question - we had ruled that when a building becomes neutral, all product tokens are lost (though of course it doesn't say one or the other, so I reckon your explanation makes the most sense- they stay unless specifically instructed to discard them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.