Popular Tags: [View All]
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you announce a Recruitment, you effectively bid 0. It's up to each opponent to announce a non-zero bid (of whatever they choose) and then the bidding goes from there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Slabon
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states that you, as the active player, declare your intent to recruit one of the face-up gang members. Then, the player to your left, if he has an action remaining, places the first bid and announces the number of ARCs he wishes to spend. This continues unless the bidding returns to you. Therefore, when you declare your recruit action, you don't bid; everyone else does first. Then, you decide if you can outbid the highest bid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Dennard
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This also means that if no one else wants to bid, when it comes back to you, you can get the member for nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bishop
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep, I think the "zero" price tag is understood to be the "best" option at the time. I mean, you don't want to have to pay more for your Informer boy than what he's worth.
But at the same time, in my games, we take the whole bidding process and "Star Dust" it up a bit maybe...
As an agreed upon house rule, you can declare an initial bid on any gang member when you decide to perform a Recruit action.
If I see Mr Zar Tayvius (or The General as we call 'im) on the table, I want to be able to announce that I'm bidding him to join my wrecking crew for nine thousand ARCs knowing that my opponent has only eight.
It just makes me think of big mob bosses being able to bye out the little guys or college athletics recruiting...
And it goes both ways, if my opponent has more money, well our gangers might be a little more greedy than others is all. They're in it for the ARCs (and free tattoos)...
Fight the Yugai people..!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.