Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to hear from the designer how exactly the game scales to 7-8 players. Or even 5-6 players really. With a limited number of spots for workers on the Story board, I would think you'd run out of spots to place your workers pretty fast with that many players. I gather the "alternate Story boards" included at the $99 level adds some more spots to place workers on. Are they duplicates to the basic spots or variations? Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out whether I should pledge at the $74 level or the $99 level (which adds support for up to 8 players).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dyskami Publishing
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I would love to hear from the designer how exactly the game scales to 7-8 players. Or even 5-6 players really. With a limited number of spots for workers on the Story board, I would think you'd run out of spots to place your workers pretty fast with that many players. I gather the "alternate Story boards" included at the $99 level adds some more spots to place workers on. Are they duplicates to the basic spots or variations? Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out whether I should pledge at the $74 level or the $99 level (which adds support for up to 8 players).

Thanks!

Upon a Fable scales for players using different starting fixed-space boards. The nine-space reveal-one-a-turn board is then played along side it. For a 2-player game, the board is only 6 spaces. For a 3-4 player game, it's 9 spaces, 12 spaces for the 5-6 player game, 15 for the 7 player, and 18 for the 8 player. Some duplication (with modification) is used to balance the game.

While pledging at the $99 is great to accommodate more players, it's not the only benefit. The extra 100 game cards is a great addition to any sized game and includes some new card types not included in the base game. For more information on the cards, check out THIS POST HERE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.