Popular Tags: [View All]
Shane
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all!

Just picked up the game and am reading though all the rules (well the *real* championship rules since I have been also going though the threads here and found out that the English rules supplied with the game are..not so exact)

I haven't played a real game yet with my group (ironing out the rules first). Just one question if you don't mind! Sorry if this has been addressed before...I have tried to look thorough everything first, but didn't see what I am having trouble with.

Okay so...

Does "stopping" in a corner after a role that brings you in from the straights count towards the stopping total?

example: I am in the straightaway (3 lane, middle). I have 3 spaces to go before I hit the red line "door" for the corner. I am in second gear and I roll a 4. I move straight 4 into the corner and my turn is over. The corner has a yellow flag of 1. Now I have "stopped" in the corner. Does that count for my 1 stop in the corner? I can up the gear on my next turn and blow though it? Or do I have to stop one more time while in the corner since that would be my first time starting my turn in the coner? (i.e. I have to roll low to stop in the corner one more time so I don't overblow it?)

Thanks in advance!
Shane

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SD1138 wrote:
Does "stopping" in a corner after a role that brings you in from the straights count towards the stopping total?

example: I am in the straightaway (3 lane, middle). I have 3 spaces to go before I hit the red line "door" for the corner. I am in second gear and I roll a 4. I move straight 4 into the corner and my turn is over. The corner has a yellow flag of 1. Now I have "stopped" in the corner. Does that count for my 1 stop in the corner? I can up the gear on my next turn and blow though it? Or do I have to stop one more time while in the corner since that would be my first time starting my turn in the coner? (i.e. I have to roll low to stop in the corner one more time so I don't overblow it?)
Yes you have stopped in the corner if you move like you described. If you look carefuly at most tracks you'll find corners with the shortest route 1. They could be quite hard to go through if you first had to come in with one roll/move from the straight and then next try to make another stop inside the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Yea...I thought that they would be hard to get through if you had to stop one more time...but I just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.