Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kickinitgames/upon-a-fab...

As I feel like the board game industry could use a bit more "shaking up" towards this direction, I thought I would post a link to the Kickstarter campaign for Upon A Fable.

I like the art on the cards and the bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Coddington
United States
Woodbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkestoceans wrote:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kickinitgames/upon-a-fab...

As I feel like the board game industry could use a bit more "shaking up" towards this direction, I thought I would post a link to the Kickstarter campaign for Upon A Fable.

I like the art on the cards and the bits.

I'm curious what you mean by "shaking up towards this direction".
I don't see anything really groundbreaking about Upon A Fable, looks to me like your basic worker placement/resource management game.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything like that, I am curious about your thoughts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Show me other games with similar art. Show me games that are "pretty" in this way. I find this art a lot in my wife's crosstitch patterns. Not so much in my modern board games. It is done by a childrens' book illustrator.

Again, looks a lot like crossstitch art, snow village houses, Thomas Kinkade, Eh. Yeah a bit less macho than usual yet not the usual ye olde court fare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this just a ploy to get shameless publicity, this thread seems fishy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I backed it and am now recommending it in the recommendations section. It is a ploy to get shameful publicity for the Kickstarter. Because I am trying to help and believe in the project based on what I have seen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't the proper place, this thread should be moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Recommendations to Kickstarter

If you see a thread that you feel would be better suited elsewhere, please just flag it as 'wrong forum'. Announcing that it's in the wrong place on the post can seem antagonistic and may result in an OP deleting their posts or duplicating the thread elsewhere. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonard Moses II
United States
Hixson
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize and have found the correct section now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.