Subject: Siege weapons, captured cites, heal questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russell H
United States
Pompano Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
Is the ranged attack of the catapult etc. a plain 3 attack or does it also get the double damage and (-1) modifier?

In siege vs siege, would the defending siege weapon at least get to fire back? (If not fire while the moving army sets up it's siege weapons?)

Can a captured city be used for income/ placing units?

Does a captured tomb still fear units attempting to enter? (regardless of the answer to the above question)

Can the heal spell be used to prevent lethal damage? I.e. can it heal a single damage on a unit with only one hp as it is received to prevent destruction, or prevent a 2 damage attack from killing a hero with 2 up?

Does a unit with speed >1 capture territories it moves through?

Thanks for a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazghost wrote:
Is the ranged attack of the catapult etc. a plain 3 attack or does it also get the double damage and (-1) modifier?

The cannon can make an attack one territory away with an attack strength of 4 (not 4-1). The Ballista and Catapult make ranged attacks one territory away at 3.

nazghost wrote:

In siege vs siege, would the defending siege weapon at least get to fire back? (If not fire while the moving army sets up it's siege weapons?)

Yes defending units would get their return fire as normal, however as it states in the rules on siege units, "There are no attack-backs for units killed by a ranged attack." So it is true in all cases, except when making taking a casualty from a ranged attack.

nazghost wrote:

Can a captured city be used for income/ placing units?

On page 8 of the rules it states,"A player may not place any unit
in a city that is occupied by an enemy or one whose territory is under the control of an enemy. A player may not build their own units in an enemy city that they have captured."

nazghost wrote:

Does a captured tomb still fear units attempting to enter? (regardless of the answer to the above question)

Good question and one I will add to FAQ along with your first question.
The tomb at this point is no long funtioning under the control of the Undead. They cannot place any units there, they have no power there. So the Dreadstone would no longer be in affect. The rules do state that they face a fear spell before when they enter the tomb before they attack. We could deduct that since they are not attacking that this isn't in affect, but I agree it needs more clarity.

nazghost wrote:

Can the heal spell be used to prevent lethal damage? I.e. can it heal a single damage on a unit with only one hp as it is received to prevent destruction, or prevent a 2 damage attack from killing a hero with 2 up?

Spells are cast on the player's combat round with the exception of "Guide Fate" which specifically allows you to reroll an attack or defense. If you were to cast Heal on your combat round, but your hero already suffered a fatal hit of 2 damage then you cannot save him or her.

nazghost wrote:

Does a unit with speed >1 capture territories it moves through?

No, you must occupy the territory at the end of the turn to conquer it.

nazghost wrote:

Thanks for a great game!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it. Please give us an after action report of one of your first games if you feel up to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Snoddy
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
With regards to units with a move >1 capturing territory I was a little surprised to read the answer given. The rules say on P6 paragraph about collection "A territory marker is placed in every territory that a player moved into..." The natural way to read this would be it includes territories moved through on the way to a final destination. It does go on to say that a player cannot elect to not conquer a territory occupied at the end of the turn. If I had not read the answer given in this thread I would have thought a multiple move unit can capture multiple territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree it should be more clear, but then again moved into is not exactly the same as moved through, also the second part that states that a player cannot elect to not conquer a territory occupied at the end of the turn should also indicate it would be territory occupied not moved through.
Again though, having said all of the above. I do think we should have made it more clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.