Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
It's not hipster if you were REALLY there!
mbmbmbmbmb
NOTE:

This sunday session is no longer active, as I have moved back to Moscow--- however if you are in the L/C valley, I would love to help you get organized! Meanwhile, there's lots of board gaming going up in Moscow, give a message :)

----------------------------------------

I recently moved to the valley from Moscow, and have started gaming with a couple of friends on sundays. We would all love to meet more folks to play games with.

There is no cost, no games needed, or experience required-- I have plenty of games to share and the few of us are a mix of friendly expert gamers and friendly newbie gamers.

We have been meeting on Sundays at a Cafe/Coffee Shop, located in Rosuaers Grocery Store on Thain Road in Lewiston. This central locations is free,but if you want snacks and drinks (with refills!) they are right close on hand.

Gaming or socializing at other times is cool too, so give me a message and I will give you my number or email and we can chat some!

I miss my old gaming club and would love to meet up with some Valley Geeks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you still involved at Rosuaers? I've lived here for a while now ad have yet to get a game group going. Let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gossner
msg tools
Hey, I'm two years late to the party but I figure there's no harm in trying - are you guys and gals still active? I'd love to find a gaming group in the Valley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Semi active. We havn't done an official "game night" in about 6 months but a lot of us still actively seek out a game or two.
What kind of games you in to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I didn't delete this post; I moved back up to moscow a couple of years ago, and am no longer organizing gaming in lewiston.

If you aren't adverse to travel, there's a very active game group, with main meetings being friday Nights 6p at Sharis' on Moscow-Pullman road.

If you are in lewiston/clarkston and want to get a valley based gaming going, please let me know! I would like to support your efforts, and help if I can, or at least pass on the info to folks interested in gaming in the lewiston area.

Yours in geekiness,

IdahoGeekette

Founder Palouse Board Gamers
Indie Game Alliance NW MiniBoss
Mascot HipsterGeek of the College Towns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FaydeShift wrote:
Semi active. We havn't done an official "game night" in about 6 months but a lot of us still actively seek out a game or two.
What kind of games you in to?

I would LOVE to find out more about your gaming in lewiston! I'm sorry we didn't meet while I was down there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry I didn't delete this post; I moved back up to moscow a couple of years ago, and am no longer organizing gaming in lewiston.

If you aren't adverse to travel, there's a very active game group, with main meetings being friday Nights 6p at Sharis' on Moscow-Pullman road.

If you are in lewiston/clarkston and want to get a valley based gaming going, please let me know! I would like to support your efforts, and help if I can, or at least pass on the info to folks interested in gaming in the lewiston area.

Yours in geekiness,

IdahoGeekette

Founder Palouse Board Gamers
Indie Game Alliance NW MiniBoss
Mascot HipsterGeek of the College Towns

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gossner
msg tools
About the only complex board games I'm familiar with are Catan and Forbidden Island, but I'd be interested in learning more. I also have a little experience with Pathfinder. I'm a fan of gaming in general and grew up playing things like Monopoly, Sorry, and Life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gossner
msg tools
Unfortunately travel outside the Valley is difficult for me as I don't have a car. I'm glad you didn't delete the post though, as it gave me some hope of finding gamers here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly, I found Lewiston be to less inclined to gather for hobbies. There was a game store (game play) clarkston downtown, but they were pretty much all pokemon sorts of collectable games, and not interested in board games, even when I offered to host board game demos for free. I even hosted a couple of classes at LCSC community clases on board games, but only one person followed through after the lesson to play regularly.

I've been back in moscow for a couple of years though, so things might have changed.I wish you luck with them!

I know about the travel thing, its a hard commute. But if you ever do get a ride up here, I am sure we can arrange crash space so you can rest instead of having to go back down that night.

There are so many games I'd love to show you! The games you mentioned are good starter games, but many in the field now offer so many new ways to play, and strategize, and interact with other players, and of course the themes are fantastic.

If you like, i will contact a friend of mine and see if she is interested in meeting someone to play with now and then. She was a real fun lady, but she's been traveling a lot to visit her grandkids, so not sure her schedule these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JoJiKH5 wrote:
Unfortunately travel outside the Valley is difficult for me as I don't have a car. I'm glad you didn't delete the post though, as it gave me some hope of finding gamers here.

Are you interested in something specific?
I play lots of games, mostly on the more complex side and generally sci-fi themed (okay, almost always sci-fi themed lol). I am apparently a big fan of games with "star" in their names... Star Wars: TCG, Star Trek: Attack Wing, Starcraft: The Board Game, Star Realms...

Maybe after the holidays we can see about having a hang-out session at the Library with a couple people and demo some games with you!

(thanks for not deleting the post, btw!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Gossner
msg tools
I'm a sci-fi fan for sure. Picard is my captain, and I watched very nearly every episode of TNG, albeit several years ago. Of the ones you listed, Starcraft and SWTCG seem the most interesting based on a few quick Youtube overviews. Other games that I haven't played but would like to include (but are by no means limited to) Pandemic, the Resistance, Betrayal at House on the Hill, and Dead of Winter. I'll be headed home for the holidays myself, but will be back in town on the 4th and would love to join in on a game night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sherri Haight
United States
Moscow
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
two great space-themed games I enjoy are

Eminent Domain
Tiny Epic Galaxies

If you have enough people to play, Battlestar Galactica is a great port of a game, and a real exciting one, but it takes a good few people to play and its not extremely quick. You don't have to have seen the new series to play it, but if you have it adds a lot of flair to recognizing some of the things they did with it in the theme.

Pandemic the Cure is a quicker, dice based version of pandemic, and its a great one for having the same basic feel and excitement of the game but with less details, making it quicker. Its quick play means it gets played a lot more than the original in my club.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Love
United States
Clarkston
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am holding off on TEG because I am not allowed to buy anything from my wishlists before Christmas... eheheh
Eminent Domain looks pretty cool, but I thought Core Worlds looked better. I need to try both though!
I don't watch BSG and I don't have many people interested enough to buy it myself. But I have wanted to try it out since it looks like a paranoid blast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.