Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I shan't be uploading these images as FFG owns the copyright to these images (not that it matters, if you look at the Exodus image files ) (I'm probably giving up easy thumbs and GG but whatever). I can, however, link them.

Note that this isn't meant to be a rehash of the press release or the official website -- I'm just listing all known abilities and other things that required a little digging to find (thanks, BGG community!), so I can have a central repository for personal use (but I guess you can look, too. I guess.)

So, here we go!

Updated 09 June with details from the "Mutiny" preview.

Characters

Alternate Helo and Cylon Leaders Doral and Simon are still unknown.

Crisis Cards

Skill Cards

fizzmore wrote:
Skill Cards I can read:

Tactics: 4 - Unorthodox Plan - Action: Activate one of the following locations, even if damaged: Command, Armory, Weapons Control, or Communications.

Leasdership: 5 - Change of Plans - Play after a skill check has passed. Instead of resolving the pass result, each human player draws 2 skill cards

Treachery: 4 - Violent Outburst - Skill Check: The current player is sent to sickbay

Engineering: 5 - Test the Limits - Action: If the fleet marker is not on a blue space of the Jump Prepartion track, advance if once and then roll a die. On a 5 or less, damage Galactica.

Piloting: 3 - Combat Veteran: Choose 1 unmanned viper in the reserves of space and activate it up to 3 times.

Tactics: 4 - Popular influence. Action: Draw 2 Quorum cards and give one to President. Then play or discard the other card.

Missions

Mutiny

Other

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Observation: Now Boomer is not alone as the only human character who doesn't draw Leadership.

And with more skillcards on top of that, XO's are going to get even rarer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Pietila
Finland
Rauma
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Colonial One overlay? They finally added an overlay piece for the "Bomb on Colonial One" super crisis fail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
Loraen wrote:
Colonial One overlay? They finally added an overlay piece for the "Bomb on Colonial One" super crisis fail?

And it also appears to have another location to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
Observation: Now Boomer is not alone as the only human character who doesn't draw Leadership.

And with more skillcards on top of that, XO's are going to get even rarer.

I posted my initial impressions of Athena here if any1's intersted.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12011386#12011386

Indeed about Doc Cottle and Romo. However, they both draw yellow, so unlike "classic Boomer", they can always CP for XOs. Plus, Doc has a workaround where he could just pick a player who draws green, even just 1 green (AFAIK, this follows the "draw 1 at a time" clause like when you draw 2 skill cards off a Peg crisis cards and can go beyond 1 green for example) to get XOs directly (although since it uses an action, it doesn't really save any time over CP for green) and pass off his repairs, Build Nukes (Exodus), and that Test The Limits blue skill card to any1 else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for finding and posting those .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I find this card a lot more readable with a white background than on a black.

"If you receive this card face down, immediately reveal it and draw another Loyalty Card. Any time you receive this card, lose your title and draw a Mutiny Card. If you reveal yourself as a Cylon, give this card to a human player of your choice.

Do not move to the "Brig" when you gain a second Mutiny Card. If you gain a third Mutiny Card, you must move to the "Brig"

WHEN YOU RESOLVE A "PREPARE FOR JUMP" ICON, YOU MUST DRAW A MUTINY CARD."

The Mutineer will continually draw mutiny cards. The implication is that they must also continually play mutiny cards, or be subject to an automatic brigging.

The one thing I don't like about this card is the "lose titles" clause. It interacts weirdly with the cards that I've already seen. For example, the nuke card. Imagine that through luck, you are Helena Cain, mutineer. You used to have control of the nukes. Then during the sleeper phase, you say "Nope, I don't like all this responsibility. Resign, mutiny." And then two turns later, you say "I want to use nukes again. Unauthorized Usage." That doesn't really make sense.

It's also kind of bad that if a revealed Cylon gets the card, it's an offensive weapon. They can choose to force effective titleholders (Helo, Tory) out of office. Not as big a deal for CAG or President, but it's a real pain for Admiral.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
hybridfive wrote:

It's also kind of bad that if a revealed Cylon gets the card, it's an offensive weapon. They can choose to force effective titleholders (Helo, Tory) out of office. Not as big a deal for CAG or President, but it's a real pain for Admiral.

Doing that without convincing anyone you are doing it for a good reason though, will get you brigged regardless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So any official solution for the broadcast location card and the keep a basestar around just to not move the attack track forward issues in this expansion?

Make me wonder how much bloat / additional stuff this game really needs. I mean it's not like the old expansions REALLY change much of what is the base of the game. Mostly more of the same.

Also agendas + personal goals + motives?

Isn't that mostly more of the same? Are they only added because it's a good idea and they want to bring that in some way into all the expansions if you don't own them all or are they improving it / doing it in some other way?

I think the final five stuff of Exodus was very good and the personal goals are interesting to and will get more usage than the agendas. But how are motives supposed to actually work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand it, Motives completely replace the Pegasus-style Agendas.
At the beginning of the game, you get 2 random ones. At sleeper phase, you get 2 more random ones. You win if you satisfy any 2 (which obviously must be for the same team).
It reduces the ability for the humans to guess your goal, and also reduces the likelihood of it being impossible for you to win.
It's kind of a "bug fix" to one of the problems with being a Cylon Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Pietila
Finland
Rauma
-
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
As far as I understand it, Motives completely replace the Pegasus-style Agendas.
At the beginning of the game, you get 2 random ones. At sleeper phase, you get 2 more random ones. You win if you satisfy any 2 (which obviously must be for the same team).
It reduces the ability for the humans to guess your goal, and also reduces the likelihood of it being impossible for you to win.
It's kind of a "bug fix" to one of the problems with being a Cylon Leader.

+1 to this, the motive cards we see, have some very identical victory objectives to agendas (cylon win when humans have traveled 7+ etc).

I'm assuming new crisis cards will have mutiny card draw effects on them. The mutineer is brigged if he has more than 2 mutiny cards in hand, so I'm assuming the amount for non-mutineers is either higher (more tolerance since you're not openly badmouthing the leadership) or lower (tension running high, you're not allowed to step out of line that much). Lower (2 gets you brigged) seems more likely, just to force people to play them off ASAP.
Edit: I can see this going the other way too, only by bad luck you'd get so many mutiny cards that you'd have to start playing them, while the mutineer's lower limit and forced draw will force them to play them off, don't want everyone constantly tossing around mutiny cards.
.. Actually, 3 getting you brigged is pretty bad, in a 6 player game you can easily be forced to draw that many if there's a lot of jump prep icons, especially with Exodus removing the cylon attack cards.

Romo seems fun, with his OPG, he can un-brig a "known" cylon just to grab their full hand of skill cards before the next player in line executes them or something. Or during an XO on him, card grab and reveal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Loraen wrote:
.. Actually, 3 getting you brigged is pretty bad, in a 6 player game you can easily be forced to draw that many if there's a lot of jump prep icons, especially with Exodus removing the cylon attack cards.

'YOU resolve' seems to mean that when on your turn jump prep icon is resolved you draw a card. So in 6p game it's not that often at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the mutineer card is clearly when you resolve a crisis card at the end of your turn, so should have plenty of time to offload those cards, sadly it also makes people worry about XOing you

The motives clearly replace the agendas. They are similar to a variant I use, so am happy to see an official similar version. The best thing about the motives, is that because you will have more choice, they can be more challenging to do (such as needing 7 distance instead of 6, oddly enough the exact house rule we used for that agenda card)

I don't expect to see an official solution for the problem with the CFB and leaving basestars on the main game board, but I see no reason I won't continue to use my house rule (the pursuit track moves if there are any ships on the CFB, regardless of the main board)

I definitely get the feeling that this expansion is stand-alone from the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still hope their Pegasus independent CL solution is something better than "10 treachery cards".

Anyway, I'm probably gonna be playing BPXDR games anyway, so I hardly care about modul independency

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:

I don't expect to see an official solution for the problem with the CFB and leaving basestars on the main game board, but I see no reason I won't continue to use my house rule (the pursuit track moves if there are any ships on the CFB, regardless of the main board)

We have had great success with 'the pursuit track moves if nothing happens on the main gameboard, and cylons only attack if their whole fleet jump (regardless of running out of components)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
hybridfive wrote:

Doing that without convincing anyone you are doing it for a good reason though, will get you brigged regardless

It's kinda tricky to brig a revealed Cylon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmsgrey wrote:
Kamakaze wrote:
hybridfive wrote:

It's kinda tricky to brig a revealed Cylon...

I think he was speculating on the person calling for their title back. It would only be applicable to a 5+ player game, but still, I can see the concern.

There's one revealed cylon pre-sleeper phase. At the sleeper phase, they passes Mutineer to President Tory. Now-ex-president Tory then calls an election to get back into office. Do you support it? That would be a challenging question. Kamikaze seems to be saying he would not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The people who start off with titles get that extra advantage anyways, so I wouldn't mind something else that shakes that up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
The people who start off with titles get that extra advantage anyways, so I wouldn't mind something else that shakes that up.

I think the functional effect is that you'll see a slight increase in the number of Apollos played, and a slight decrease in the number of Support characters played. The logic is that players will pay more attention to the lines of succession if there's a >40% chance that one title will move over the course of the game. Apollo obviously has a very good place in the succession lines.

I like it because it functions a lot like the President title, in that you get a semi-devoted deck of cards. It's like its own title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
I still hope their Pegasus independent CL solution is something better than "10 treachery cards".

Anyway, I'm probably gonna be playing BPXDR games anyway, so I hardly care about modul independency

Force Athena.

Honestly, though, it's not that bad. You could just ignore the treachery draw and play D'Anna as 1P/L, 1E

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Laura Roslin is pretty happy with Popular Influence. It's not quite as good as activating the Office when you're President, but it's way more card-efficient for her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the images! The most important bit of information I have gleaned, is the reminder that Lucy Lawless is totally hot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
And holy crap, I realize Change of Plans really does stir things up, as it's for any skill check. Play it after admiral's quarters/airlock/brig check to block... Nothing is guaranteed.
Also, it's a way out of Super Crises where even the Pass result sucks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
And holy crap, I realize Change of Plans really does stir things up, as it's for any skill check. Play it after admiral's quarters/airlock/brig check to block... Nothing is guaranteed.
Also, it's a way out of Super Crises where even the Pass result sucks...

I'm guessing there will be exceptions for it. Can you use it on a mission?

And aren't Super Crises immune to powers or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
viresium wrote:
And aren't Super Crises immune to powers or something?

They're immune to character abilities that affect Crisis Cards, not skillcard abilities (nor character abilities that affect skillchecks in general).

Edit: Slight clarification

Edit edit: I got a little bit confused, but the FAQ set us all straight below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.