Subject: cunfused on Hunting Bow's effect? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yakkul Frost
United States
California
flag msg tools
HUNTING BOW
(1)If there are no Actions in your Play Area, this Weapon gets +10 Damage during this turn.
(2)While this Weapon is in your Play Area , you cannot play Actions.

Question: I understand the 1st effect, but say i DID play an action card during my turn. Can i play my Hunting Bow?... or is it locked in my hand because of Hunting Bow's 2nd effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play HB, it just does its vanilla damage. What in the second part suggests you can't play HB if you have an Action in your play area? Shouldn't it be something like "While you have an Action in your play area, you can't play this weapon?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Borders
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get the bonus for the bow if you have no actions in play.

Having actions in play does not prevent you from playing the bow.

While the bow is in play you cannot play any other actions.

The bonus damage simulates the time it takes for you to "take a steady aim" on your target during which time you cannot be doing other things

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yakkul Frost
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
What in the second part suggests you can't play HB if you have an Action in your play area? Shouldn't it be something like "While you have an Action in your play area, you can't play this weapon?"

Just curious...
Some people were hating on this 9 card-deck:
5 Longbow
[0-ammo,25 Damage]
3 Hunting Bow
[0-ammo, 20 Damage]
1 Fierce Battle
[+4 cards]

100~140 damage if I do not draw Fierce Battle (also depends on your draw). If i do pick up Fierce Battle, its 160 damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, couple of thoughts:

#1: Why'd they let you get all those weapons (also, how did you manage to clear out all your ammo)?

#2: Still just one Explore, so someone else has access to multiple Explore (hello Automatic Shotgun), luck of the draw could see you lose. Just happened in a recent game where one character finished with 16 Infected in his Decoration pile for 26 Decorations, while the other character had only 9 Infected, but the same 26 Dec and won the tiebreaker.

#3: Los Illuminados (Shield) laugh at your setup .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yakkul Frost
United States
California
flag msg tools
Dam the Man wrote:
Well, couple of thoughts:

#1: Why'd they let you get all those weapons (also, how did you manage to clear out all your ammo)?

#2: Still just one Explore, so someone else has access to multiple Explore (hello Automatic Shotgun), luck of the draw could see you lose. Just happened in a recent game where one character finished with 16 Infected in his Decoration pile for 26 Decorations, while the other character had only 9 Infected, but the same 26 Dec and won the tiebreaker.

#3: Los Illuminados (Shield) laugh at your setup .

1. I had Rebbecca Chambers as my character, http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/574996/character-cards-detai..., along with Shattered Memories to assist. 100 something gold on a 20 something attack weapon is not something your average person would spend a Buy on, especially in their 1st 10 rounds. They probably didn't expect this deck-build. On top of all this, Master of Unlocking was removed from game through the effects of the 1st few Infecteds revealed.

2. You're not wrong here, but this infos nothing new dude. For your infomation, i did place 1st as the person with the most decorations. The game-round we played had added rules such as: (1) if you KO, you shuffle an Infected with the highest decoration attached to your character and shuffle it back into the mansion, (2) if you take a hit from an Infected (either during Explore or with Infected's effect), you shuffle an Infected with the lowest decoration attached to your character and shuffle it back into the mansion. Even though i had the weakest character in HP, i was able to screw up my opponents for some time by giving them cards like Anticipation and Item Management.

3. Los Illuminados (Shield) laughs at your face.

I gotchu on your 1st comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I imagine with the Mercenaries basic resources, Rebecca thrashing those +10 ammo for 10 gold and handing them off to her opponents can boost your gold nicely while diluting their decks. Although you can only move one of the two cards you trash with Shattered Memories to an opponent's discard pile (with her lvl 1 ability).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.