Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How many ongoing actions can a base have?
Basically I was thinking that it was going to be a lot of text reading or effect memorising if there were 3-4 different ongoing actions played on that base. In the end we decided to play it as 1 earlier - and that if anyone plays another action on that base, it would replace the previous one.

We were playing zombie pirates vs trickster aliens. My friend is stll pretty new to this sort of card game and has never played any ccg/tcg before.

I felt it would scare him off if i tell him this if the situation arises "OH if you want to play a minion there, it cant be a pirate.. you can take a minion from the discard pile to play it there though.. but when you do play it, you have to discard a card.. The base effect lets anyone play an extra minion of power 2 and below but since and I played the other card there I can play an 3 minions there on my turn."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no limit n the rules but it really does suck for new players. For me, the ongoing (especially the boring ones that don't do a lot) are themost boring part of the game because it is lots of bookkeeping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your quick response. I guess most probably we would try to keep it simple and either improvise a variant where only 1 ongoing action can be played per base or 1 per player, per base [so max of 2 for a 2p game]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Humm interesting, don't think we've gone more than 2 on a base in 2player games. Guess you just happened to smash some really base-action heavy factions together ;D

I think it's pretty fun having loads of stuff stacked into a base, but limiting it for new players seems a reasonable idea. You probably don't need to rule it, just don't do it unless they do (As if the new player does it, imho that's an indication they're comfortable with it)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Shepherdson
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guess so. It was just luck of the draw or bad shuffle cos i had so many of those 'play on base ongoing cards' in hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one comment:

There are factions that rely on playing lots of Actions on bases (most prominently Tricksters I think), so this change will make them worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
Just one comment:

There are factions that rely on playing lots of Actions on bases (most prominently Tricksters I think), so this change will make them worse.

Steampunks in the new expansion even moreso.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.