Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day all,
fwd from mailing list...

----------
DVG'S UNEXPECTED JOURNEY...

We received a call last week from Karen, Chief of Staff of Boeing's Network and Space Systems Division. She explained that their Leadership Team was getting together for a week of meetings in San Diego. As part of their plans, the Team was going to have a dinner cruise and play a couple games of Modern Naval Battles.

As we continued to talk, she asked if Holly and I would be available to come to San Diego and show the team how to play.

I'm sure I blinked a few times as I tried to get my voice working again to accept.

Thus started our Unexpected Journey.

Holly and I drove down the day before the cruise and enjoyed the friendship and hospitality of the Boeing company.

Many thanks to Karen and Eric for helping Holly and I through the traveling process!

The dinner cruise and Modern Naval Battles games were a great success and much to Holly and my relief, everyone seemed to enjoy the games. They cheered every die roll and every sunk ship. It was amazing. In over 20 years of demoing games, it was our first time showing a game to Generals, Ship Captains, and the Leaders of Corporation Programs. We were talking with the people who helped to build the very weapons being represented in our games! As it turned out, these people were some of the leaders of the Apache, Hornet, and Harpoon programs!

We were truly in awe of the people in that room.

Many thanks to Karen, Eric, and Mr. Krone for an amazing adventure!

--------------
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suicide puppet
msg tools
mb
davidinsydney2 wrote:
G'day all,
fwd from mailing list...

----------
DVG'S UNEXPECTED JOURNEY...

We received a call last week from Karen, Chief of Staff of Boeing's Network and Space Systems Division. She explained that their Leadership Team was getting together for a week of meetings in San Diego. As part of their plans, the Team was going to have a dinner cruise and play a couple games of Modern Naval Battles.

As we continued to talk, she asked if Holly and I would be available to come to San Diego and show the team how to play.

I'm sure I blinked a few times as I tried to get my voice working again to accept.

Thus started our Unexpected Journey.

Holly and I drove down the day before the cruise and enjoyed the friendship and hospitality of the Boeing company.

Many thanks to Karen and Eric for helping Holly and I through the traveling process!

The dinner cruise and Modern Naval Battles games were a great success and much to Holly and my relief, everyone seemed to enjoy the games. They cheered every die roll and every sunk ship. It was amazing. In over 20 years of demoing games, it was our first time showing a game to Generals, Ship Captains, and the Leaders of Corporation Programs. We were talking with the people who helped to build the very weapons being represented in our games! As it turned out, these people were some of the leaders of the Apache, Hornet, and Harpoon programs!

We were truly in awe of the people in that room.

Many thanks to Karen, Eric, and Mr. Krone for an amazing adventure!

--------------

Remember those long days where your back is killing you and you realize that the item you just finished is wrong and will take another hour to redo? And it's due at the printer tomorrow?

This is the gaming gods recognizing your efforts

This sounds awesome. Now back to that desk...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.