Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Anderson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the DT miniatures and bought a couple of sets.
I think thay enhance play - but they can cause a couple of problems.
How do people keep track of whic characters are carrying which equipment?
I've tried stacking the miniature on the equipment token, i've also tried putting the equiment token on the character icon on the shields - but neither of these tactics seem satisfactory. If only the miniatures had some sort of a notch which could accomodate the equipment token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
james napoli
United States
Westwood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
def one of the short comings of the game, which is unfortunate...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
That and the fact that they only come in one color rather then two and that they're $40 for a set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided not to purchase the miniatures when I realized I didn't like using the cardboard stand-ups. The stand-ups (and miniatures too) make it difficult to see parts of the board (doors, traps, equipment counters, etc) and it is difficult (and certainly inconvienent) to carry equipment tokens with stand-ups or miniatures.

The stand-ups and miniatures may look nice, but they actually hinder the play of the game. For me, the counters and tokens are the way to go when playing this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Brissaud
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:
That and the fact that they only come in one color rather then two and that they're $40 for a set.

The Dungeon Twister minis come in BOTH colors: orange and blue.
They are $30 a set of eight, including shipping.
You can order them via PayPal at www.asmodee-us.com

Stephan @ ASMODEE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Anderson
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ixnay66 wrote:

They are beautifully detailed miniatres, however. This makes them good value IMHO. The colour is somewhat irrelevant, as it would be a sin not to paint 'em.

Anyway - my question is for people who have and use the figures - what do you do with your equipment tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Halloween Jack
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
I'l still painting up mine, so I haven't tried this - it's just an idea.

If you use the figures, you have the cardboard figures 'extra' - just put them next to the board (remove the stands obviously) and put the item token a character is carrying on top of it. Alternatively you could even make a fancy player aid out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.