Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First allow me to say FG is a really great game. Let's hope there will be more joint publications of VPG and GMT!

Now to my questions:

Rule 16.9.9. states: "...At any time, on the conclusion of his Player Turn, the French player may put the third French leader into play..."

Sorry, but isn't that a contradiction: "at any time, on the conclusion"?
1. When exactly is the French player allowed to bring the third leader into play?

The rules continue with "... At the end of any subsequent Player Turn...".

2. I read it that this means even at the end of a non-French Player Turn the French Player can return the stronger Napoleon to the board. Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"At any time, on the conclusion of his Player Turn..." means that on any game turn, after he has completed all other normal turn related activities, the French player may choose to replace the 3-rated Napoleon leader with the 2-rated version AND one of the other wing commander leaders (Ney or Grouchy). "At the end of any subsequent Player Turn..." means that on any later turn you can have the 2-rated Napoleon leader "re-absorb" one of the two wing commanders and return Napoleon to his 3-rater version -- the "subsequent turn" wording is there to prevent the French player from creating and then re-absorbing a wing commander on the same turn (e.g. create Grouchy and then re-absorb Ney at the same time). Effectively you can only create or re-absorb one wing commander a turn.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

Lance McMillan
Developer for VPG's "Napoleonic 20" series
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Rieger
Germany
Hamburg
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.