Subject: Yellow matter 1B (to easy for the keeper) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seems that the 1B objective is to easy for the keeper.
It says that the keeper wins if the number of mutation tokens on a invetigator must be higher that his remaining health.
With Unwilling subjects keeper action card you can place for 1 threat 1 mutation token on a investigator which is in the same room as one cultist (seems overpowered).

Has anyone else got the same feeling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Yellow sign 1B (to easy for the keeper)
I don't get that feeling as it's only once per turn that he can do so. But I haven't played the scenario yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not once per turn. The card does not say that.

That is the problem. You can place that much mutation tokens as you have threat in single turn on one investigator

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
It is not once per turn. The card does not say that.

That is the problem. You can place that much mutation tokens as you have threat in single turn on one investigator

You didn't post the card text in this thread and I don't have the game with me, so I went with the card text you posted in another thread:

Cougar_Cro wrote:
Keeper Action card - Unwilling Test Subjects
Action: Once per turn, you may either
Discard 1 mutation token from a monster to heal 2 damage from another monster in its space,
or
Give an investigator in the same space as a Cultist 1 mutation token.

Is that text incorrect then? Because that clearly says "once per turn"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My card doesn't say once per turn (I would notice that). Maybe it was changed in some new print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cougar_Cro wrote:
I seems that the 1B objective is to easy for the keeper.
It says that the keeper wins if the number of mutation tokens on a investigator must be higher that his remaining health.
With Unwilling subjects keeper action card you can place for 1 threat 1 mutation token on a investigator which is in the same room as one cultist (seems overpowered).

Has anyone else got the same feeling?

Objective 1B is to easy for the keeper. This is a known issue - first raised by the guru of Mansions (Roberta).

Original Unwilling subjects Keeper Action Card

Action: Perform one or the following
Discard 1 mutation token from a monster to heal 2 damage from another monster in its space,
or
Give an investigator in the same space as a Cultist 1 mutation token.

Recommended Fix of Keeper Action Card to prevent SUTAW - add once per turn to the action
Action: Once per turn, perform one or the following...

Alternative Objective 1B - Changed quite a bit
The keeper may choose to reveal this objective any time after Event III has been revealed.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Once this objective is revealed, as soon as an investigator has more mutation tokens than remaining health, he is killed and replaced by a zombie. The keeper wins immediately more than one investigator has been replaced by a zombie.

Vines from a strange alien plant spread throughout the house. The roots are embedded around the blood stained altars.
The investigators win if they kill Dr Faust or destroy an altar. To destroy an altar, an investigator with the “Torch” must spend an action in the same space as an altar marker.

With these changes the keeper still has a reasonable chance of wining.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Make sure at least one investigator is ready to be changed into a zombie before revealing the objective. The investigators will be down by one.

I hope this helps. If you use these fixes please post feedback. There seems to be very few people willing to give feedback. All constructive criticism is welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll play with "once per turn" recommended fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I was worried when I read the thread title until I realized this was actually about Yellow Matter.

And yeah, 1B's a keeper autowin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry my mistake. It was about yellow matter. I'll edit the title immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.