Subject: The Skald rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've looked at the gameplay video of the Skald, but couldn't really figure out if the conditions for making phrases are purely language-based or if there is some built in mechanic like in Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre (I haven't played that either, but it's the best comparison I could think of).

Does anyone know anything about this?

Edit: typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The card titles *are* the phrases. That's it for the mechanic, other than laying them out in an order that sounds best (read: coolest). There is some variation in the titles ( or ) that allow targeting specific figs and also words that don't have to be used, just to make the flow work better... (found) joy of battle being the only one I'm near certain of currently.

My obsessive viewing of various videos, examination of blurry promo images and ability to conjure intentions out of thin air are compiled as a card list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgA9o3IjLfkZdFV...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zawadi Svela
Norway
Skjetten
flag msg tools
mbmb
markguy wrote:
The card titles *are* the phrases. That's it for the mechanic, other than laying them out in an order that sounds best (read: coolest). There is some variation in the titles ( or ) that allow targeting specific figs and also words that don't have to be used, just to make the flow work better... (found) joy of battle being the only one I'm near certain of currently.

My obsessive viewing of various videos, examination of blurry promo images and ability to conjure intentions out of thin air are compiled as a card list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgA9o3IjLfkZdFV...

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the Skald's phrases come in three types: positive; negative; neutral. I imagine there area restrictions on which combinations of types area permitted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Skald is a deck of heroic phrases.

These phrases have three classifications: positive, neutral, and negative.

Positive phrases buff the party. They can be used in conjunction with other positive phrases and neutral phrases.

Negative phrases debuff the Darkness. They are used in conjunction with other negative phrases and neutral phrases.

In addition, while most phrases are labeled Reaction, there are a few labeled as Action in each classification. As always, Heroes are only allowed to play one Action per Hero Cycle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brain, since we know "Once more" is one of the phrases, can you please include "Unto the breach" as well?

(Just call it Product Placement)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.