Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What are the effects (if any) of a convoy point starting its move out of supply apart from having one less movement point?

Can I still place it in a sea area? Can it still convoy resources and supplies (limited overseas supply). Can it stay at sea at the end of the turn and just remove its "cp used" marker?

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel D
msg tools
No other ill effects apart from one less move and range. It can still be placed in sea zone, convoy resources, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But shouldn't a used CP have the same status as a face down ship? So no invasions, shorebombardment etc meaning that it cannot do anything than be involved in combat that other ships/airplanes have initiated. Is the ability to act as part of a supply chain an "active" ability? I would consider it as part of the same box of abilities that also contain shorebombardment etc. meaning that you need a face up CP to do it. But then you dont turn a CP face down when you transport resources or provide supply, but the only reason for that is that Japan and CW shouldn't be penalized for transporting resources by CP instead of by rail, which is free.

My two cents.

Jesper

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pectin wrote:
But shouldn't a used CP have the same status as a face down ship? So no invasions, shorebombardment etc meaning that it cannot do anything than be involved in combat that other ships/airplanes have initiated. Is the ability to act as part of a supply chain an "active" ability? I would consider it as part of the same box of abilities that also contain shorebombardment etc. meaning that you need a face up CP to do it. But then you dont turn a CP face down when you transport resources or provide supply, but the only reason for that is that Japan and CW shouldn't be penalized for transporting resources by CP instead of by rail, which is free.

My two cents.

Jesper

Michel's response is correct. A CP that it out of supply when it moves is treated like other naval units - range/movement reduced by one. It cannot be flipped because of the nature of CP counters, which is why the "CP used marker" is used. And yes this IS the same status as being face-down for a ship, though CPs cannot be used for shore bombardment, invasion, initiating naval combat, etc so that's not really relevant.

CPs (transport and amphs too) are just as good as conveying supply when flipped (if using limited overseas supply). And read the section about transporting resources, there is no mention of CPs having to be "face up" (i.e. no "CP used marker") to carry resources, BPs, and oil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Torsten Hasforth
Denmark
Copenhagen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for answers.

A moot point with regard to CP's but only movement not range is reduced for being out of supply.

T.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Noget
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But since they are 3-3 movers then a reduction in movement would also mean a reduction in range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.