• [+] Dice rolls
Ben Croft
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was really looking forward to this game but the price is way out there ($120 for the 'suggested' pledge level) plus $49 to send it overseas.

Colour me disappointed

Bortz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bortz wrote:
Was really looking forward to this game but the price is way out there ($120 for the 'suggested' pledge level) plus $49 to send it overseas.

Colour me disappointed

Bortz

That makes two of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(((100% real name)))
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
* sigh *

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh werrmann
United States
Springboro
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That makes 3 of us. Even the "early bird" special is $75 for a game with 23 miniatures, some cards, and a few modular boards. Compare this to a game with similar components, say, Wrath of Ashardalon which has a regular price of around $50 at most any online retailer. Sorry but this pricing is atrocious. If it makes it to retail, it will either have a much lower price, or it will be a retail failure. Excluding gameplay, which at present is largely unknown, this is too little for too much. Count me out of this one.

Bortz wrote:

Colour me disappointed

Bortz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtdubya wrote:
That makes 3 of us. Even the "early bird" special is $75 for a game with 23 miniatures, some cards, and a few modular boards. Compare this to a game with similar components, say, Wrath of Ashardalon which has a regular price of around $50 at most any online retailer. Sorry but this pricing is atrocious. If it makes it to retail, it will either have a much lower price, or it will be a retail failure. Excluding gameplay, which at present is largely unknown, this is too little for too much. Count me out of this one.

Bortz wrote:

Colour me disappointed

Bortz

Quote:
Components

5 Agent High-Detailed Miniatures (32mm Heroic Scale)
18 Alien High-Detailed Miniatures (32mm Heroic Scale)
4 Map tiles
5 Custom D10 Strike/Defence Blue Dice
5 Custom D10 Strike Green Dice
5 Agent Profile Sheets
22 Event Cards
30 Close-Encounter Cards
18 Alien Cards
10 Improved Weapons
10 Alien Weapons
20 Tactics
20 Devices
15 Skills
100+ Tokens and Markers
Rulebook
Storybook

It doesn't seem that far off. It isn't really fair to compare to wotc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
It doesn't seem that far off. It isn't really fair to compare to wotc.

My very same opinion: makes not much sense comparing the amount of material, expecially if you don't take into account things like the miniature details and so on.

Also, pricing for a retail game produced by a huge publisher like WOTC is obviously different than the costs for a game produced by a smaller producer.

Maybe this game could have been launched only with crowdfunding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Agent
msg tools
mb
The Rulebook will be published during the KS campaign, in the meanwhile you can download the Quick Reference Guide and one mission from the GD Official Site (UTILITY section) from there you can understand most of the gameplay, there are several reviews here and there and many more will appear soon cause some preview copies are in travel around the world
we are also working on a gameplay video.

About the game components: the "product compare" will be possible once the KS campaign will ends in order to include every stretch goal reached,
please consider also that GD figures are extremely detailed and big (some aliens are over 40mm), each map tile is 38x22 cm and if the campaign will proceed well many things will be added for free to each box.

ARES are working on the shipping costs.

So... guys, we are working hard on this project
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will say, I'm very impressed. This seems to be a very well planned out KS. Not only that, I like the quality of the games put out by ARES. This is an easy purchase for me. And just looking at the easily obtainable stretch goals, that adds 13 more miniatures making a total of 40 (44 if you get elite). Also its releasing 2 months after kickstarter ends. Either they are too ambitious or they have come prepared.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sterling
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to say that I was a bit turned off by the price too.

In contrast, the Bioshock Infinite game comes from a company which has not made miniatures before, comes with 52 minis (different types as well) and is sitting at 85 MSRP. Pre-ordering it now also gives it to you for 65 (which is similar to a KS model of pledging).

Given the models and whatnot, this is a game I'd also feel comfortable backing at something like 80, but 120 feels like too much in my mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hectarion wrote:
I'm sorry to say that I was a bit turned off by the price too.

In contrast, the Bioshock Infinite game comes from a company which has not made miniatures before, comes with 52 minis (different types as well) and is sitting at 85 MSRP. Pre-ordering it now also gives it to you for 65 (which is similar to a KS model of pledging).

Given the models and whatnot, this is a game I'd also feel comfortable backing at something like 80, but 120 feels like too much in my mind.

Plaid Hat Games (publishing bioshock infinite)... they have Mice and Mystics and City of Remnants. Mice and Mystics has awesome miniatures. So awesome, I found worthy of painting. However the miniatures in Bioshock Infinite are tiny and sit closer to a Risk style miniature. Not worth painting in my mind, when I have so many other projects.

Also back Galaxy at the $75 level (early bird special, still has 100 spots left). It still gets the stretch rewards, just doesn't come with the 4 exclusive minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may just pledge for "Dutch", "Ripley" "Xeno", and "PRED". I am waiting for some gameplay videos though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaygood17 wrote:
I may just pledge for "Dutch" and "Ripley". I am waiting for some gameplay videos though.

You might want to pledge now while the early bird specials are still available. You can always pull out later if you don't like the rules or gameplay videos that get released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Severs
England
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too much for me! The postage really kills it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funded in less than 8 hours. surprise

Impressive!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged so I could keep up to date on the project but there's no way I'm spending $49 on shipping so I'll have to back out if you guys can't bring that down significantly. Outside of that, yeah, the game is generally quite expensive for what you get compared to other stuff that's out there, but it looks interesting and I love the artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason G.
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well so much for that, I am in for "Team" level. whistle

No I just need to figure out how to tell me wife... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got no qualms backing at the current price, but I will remain optimistic about the heavy sticker price.

Considering how quickly this funded we should probably see it start hitting stretch goals soon, and with extra boards and figures we get that will hopefully make things a bit more palatable.

An extra 40 bucks for KS exclusive figures is a bit higher than I would like to play. I pray we get a few more xenos and preds tossed our way. Not too likely though.

That shipping though? Ouch. Hope they can do something to help ease that pain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scientist pledge is 35$ for all 4 KS exclusive minis
Next stretch goals will fill the box with a lot of stuff, so GD you'll become more and more attractive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Agent
msg tools
mb
First Stretch Goal Reached!!!

Now the Core Game will contain 5 Map Tiles cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becha Mel
France
Bordeaux
flag msg tools
The game seems good but 49 Dols for UE shipping !!!!! More than 50% of the game !!!
It a shame this price is far to high... I won't follow this project only for than reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow bad shipping costs for UK.

I know that's what the shipping costs outside the US BUT if Ares shipped a big shipment straight to a fulfilment centre in Europe, then these costs could easily be reduced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Everybody from Europe - please consider the Team and Squad pledges. Freight costs become much more reasonable! And if the project "grows" enough, we may be able to do even more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
soylent green
msg tools
mbmbmb
The extra $40 for 4 kickstarter exclusive minis is no different than what Zombicide charged,$10 a mini and people went nuts for those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Agent
msg tools
mb
thorbolt wrote:
The extra $40 for 4 kickstarter exclusive minis is no different than what Zombicide charged,$10 a mini and people went nuts for those.

please also consider that each exclusive agent or alien represents a completely different character with it own game style :

Agent Iron: He is an alternative HULK agent, he can set a trap on the battlefield in order to stun the aliens, in addition his weapons are different from TITANIUM

Agent Silver: she is an alternative MARINE agent, without the GUARD ability, but she is excellent damage dealer, each time that silver attacks with the rifle she can perform an extra attack with the flame thrower!

Alien Xeno-hunter: EXTREMELY DEADLY ALIEN due to his STEALTH ability (like the INFILTRATOR AGENT) and incredible power. The Xeno-hunter can heal himself and it offer a bad surprise for who can kill it

Alien Xeno-morph: quick and resistant, it can immobilise agents to deal additional damages!

Be aware... The Xeno-hunter and the Xeno-morph are ancient rivals ... it may happen to see these two big guys fight each other on the battlefield

So guys we can assure that they are not simple miniatures ... there is much more in terms of game play cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.