• [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Milton
United States
Reading
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been interested in this game, but the long play time is holding me back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan W
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You beat me to it!

4/16/2103

Type: Game

MSRP: $79.95

Regular Sale Price: $51.99 (35% off MSRP)

Special Sale Price: $41.99 (19%)/(47% off MSRP)

Quantity Currently in Stock: 20+

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/page/1175

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/165438

As I prepared the listing for my Geeklist: Cool Stuff Inc and Miniature Market Deals of the Day. I noticed that the Google cache for the game at CSI from 4/11/2013 has the MSRP @ $59.95. So it made me wonder is the $79.95 MSRP a mistake, a correction, or a artificial infaltion of the discount?

Fantasy Flight has the MSRP as $79.95. So this represents a correction on the CSI listing that reflects the actual savings! Great job CSI! and thanks for all of the great deals!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CoffinDancr wrote:

I thought that might be a concern, too, but I bit the bullet and bought it back at Christmas on a similar sale. So far, we're enjoying it very much. We get most games done (2p) in two hours (sometimes a bit less) now that we've learned the rules.

It is harder to get to the table than some shorter games, but it sees it's share of playtime. It's just the only thing we play on those nights, rather than trying for 2 or three games.

(I have discovered that it sees more playtime if I leave it set up for a couple of days and we play it three or four nights in a row. It has a lot of parts and it's a pill to set up, so leaving it out for a couple of days takes the "pain" out of the set up.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I listen to the DiceTower and this being Eric's favorite game, I've heard so much about it, I feel like I've played it!

But I haven't.

Passing this time because I have other, long games, which I'd like to hit the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I will not rest until Biblios is in the Top 100. - Steve Oksienik
United States
Howell
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Well I been watchin' while you been coughin, I've been drinking life while you've been nauseous, and so I drink to health while you kill yourself and I got just one thing that I can offer... Go on and save yourself and take it out on me
mbmbmbmbmb
shake

I've wanted this since I knew it was being reprinted a long while ago. I now own a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
CoffinDancr wrote:

I thought that might be a concern, too, but I bit the bullet and bought it back at Christmas on a similar sale. So far, we're enjoying it very much. We get most games done (2p) in two hours (sometimes a bit less) now that we've learned the rules.

It is harder to get to the table than some shorter games, but it sees it's share of playtime. It's just the only thing we play on those nights, rather than trying for 2 or three games.

(I have discovered that it sees more playtime if I leave it set up for a couple of days and we play it three or four nights in a row. It has a lot of parts and it's a pill to set up, so leaving it out for a couple of days takes the "pain" out of the set up.)

Clearly, a man without cats.

Setup is definitely the worst part of the game. Well, that and watching a player pick up all the cool random artifact tokens while you hit every. Single. Hazard. shake

The game definitely has wild swings of luck with the standard rules. Ive yet to try the other set of rules in my FFG copy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The $80 msrp is correct. It was one of the things keeping me from buying it when it came out...plus the fact that I have a copy of the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought this from CSI a month or so ago! I wish I had waited. Ah, well. Sometimes you get the deal; sometimes the deal gets you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
OxfordRow wrote:
CoffinDancr wrote:

Clearly, a man woman without cats.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.