Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Sails of Glory» Forums » General

Subject: okay okay you got me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally pulled the trigger on the kickstarter. Now I have what feels like a stupid question, I paid the extra $36 for two extra SoL but I'm not seeing how to designate them. I completed the transaction to lock in the kickstarter but how do I notify about the additional ships?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Schemmann
Germany
Siegen
NRW
flag msg tools
www.der-ringkrieg.de
badge
www.der-ringkrieg.de
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There'll be a survey at the end of the Kickstarter, which will allow you to specify which add-ons you want.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthoroc wrote:
There'll be a survey at the end of the Kickstarter, which will allow you to specify which add-ons you want.


Thanks for your response. I'm reading your statement to mean that when the kickstarter is over there will be a survey of purchasers as opposed to something at the end of the kickstarter order form that I should have done. Is that correct?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
GamePlayer wrote:
Uthoroc wrote:
There'll be a survey at the end of the Kickstarter, which will allow you to specify which add-ons you want.


Thanks for your response. I'm reading your statement to mean that when the kickstarter is over there will be a survey of purchasers as opposed to something at the end of the kickstarter order form that I should have done. Is that correct?

Yes, when the campaign concludes they will send out a survey to all backers asking them how they spent the "extra" money. Ares also asked that you send them an email to let them know now so they can start working on it. I am not sure what email to use so I just sent them a message through KS.

But this is a bit unusual to do that and they will pick up any info at the time of the survey. So don't sweat it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb

    Holy crap, they've attached a spreadsheet to the Kickstarter page so you can figure out what you're getting!

    Average pledge amount to date -- an astounding $233.

             S.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Sagrilarus wrote:

    Holy crap, they've attached a spreadsheet to the Kickstarter page so you can figure out what you're getting!

             S.

Hoping it was my spreadsheet that prompted them to do that. whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
When I went through all the comments a few days ago, it was my understanding you just send them a note via Kickstarter. It kinda feels like they're spamming themselves but they probably got some guys in the brig working on them. arrrh

BTW, Welcome Aboard!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Fink
United States
Havertown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jyeackle wrote:
When I went through all the comments a few days ago, it was my understanding you just send them a note via Kickstarter. It kinda feels like they're spamming themselves but they probably got some guys in the brig working on them. arrrh

BTW, Welcome Aboard!
sending them a message through KS helped them in the short-term by allowing them to perform some general number crunching and "estimate" how many items and in what quantities were being added/requested. The survey AFTER the KS ends will be the definitive method for confirming and solidifying your requests.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GamePlayer wrote:
I finally pulled the trigger on the kickstarter. Now I have what feels like a stupid question, I paid the extra $36 for two extra SoL but I'm not seeing how to designate them. I completed the transaction to lock in the kickstarter but how do I notify about the additional ships?


I did the same thing. I spent the extra $36 over my EB Captain to get two additional KS Sol ships. Getting any more frigates over what you get in the game is a waste of time.....

-Ski
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, unless you want to fight frigate v. frigate actions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Comfect wrote:
Well, unless you want to fight frigate v. frigate actions.


Which can make for a nice game as well...don't need SoL for everything
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Comfect wrote:
Well, unless you want to fight frigate v. frigate actions.


Which can make for a nice game as well...don't need SoL for everything


Well, you only need so many frigates as they weren't used in the line of battle. For those of us who are looking into a larger game where SoL's are used, frigates become far less useful.

-Ski
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Anderson
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I'll play the Klingons
badge
I'll play the Klingons
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teamski wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
Comfect wrote:
Well, unless you want to fight frigate v. frigate actions.


Which can make for a nice game as well...don't need SoL for everything


Well, you only need so many frigates as they weren't used in the line of battle. For those of us who are looking into a larger game where SoL's are used, frigates become far less useful.

-Ski


I got the extra SoL for this reason. However, 2 frigates vs 2 frigates might be a blast as they will have the extra speed and maneuverability to keep opponents (and me) guessing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.