7 Posts

Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: Any way to get cards from sets you don't own? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lord Ashram
msg tools
Hey all!

So, I am not so interested in getting the Falcon or Slave-1... for some reason the larger ships really don't appeal to me, even though I wanted to be Han Solo when I grew up!

But I WOULD like to get a set of the modification cards.

Is there a place online that sells components of sets, so you could do that?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Fuller
United States
Hartland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, when you buy the set of cards you get a free mini with it.

Seriously though, you have to buy the packets to get the physical cards. If you want proxies (aka print-offs) you can find them on the squad builders online (mine for example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Lord Ashram wrote:
Hey all!

So, I am not so interested in getting the Falcon or Slave-1... for some reason the larger ships really don't appeal to me, even though I wanted to be Han Solo when I grew up!

But I WOULD like to get a set of the modification cards.

Is there a place online that sells components of sets, so you could do that?

Thanks!

I think just about the only way would be to find some players who have spares and trade/buy it off them. However, given the importance of the upgrades included with these big ships, i highly doubt anybody would be willing to part with it. I mean, we are talking about things like Engine Upgrade, Stealth Device, Draw Their Fire, Expose, Veteran Instincts, Assault Missiles, and not some lame upgrade like Determination, Marksmanship etc. Shield Upgrade maybe, and Vet Instincts maybe (provided the guy doesnt want to try something like x4 TIEint with that upgrade or something) but the rest, highly unlikely, especially how people are actually willing to buy a 2nd or 3rd big ship just for those upgrades alone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Ashram
msg tools
Ah, okay, I didn't know that people wanted the cards that bad! I guess I'll have to make some of my own

Okay, question #2; anyone know of a website that has scans of the cards or whathaveyou that I could build?

Thanks guys!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
With Wave 2 out, I think in order to have a competitive 100 pt squad, you need to have at least 3 Falcons and Slave I's. This is mainly for the option of having 6 Stealth cards and the Shield Upgrade. This may be more so for the Imperials doing a swarm. Just last Saturday at a Regionals tournament where I took 3rd place, I played Rebels with 2 X-wings and 1 Y-wing with Shield Upgrades for the X-wings. My friend played Imperials with 1 Vader, 2 Tie Int, 2 (or 3) Ties with Stealth. He should have taken 1st but the player in his first match had no misses on every attack in the first three turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Firstname Lastname
Singapore
flag msg tools
Lord Ashram wrote:
Ah, okay, I didn't know that people wanted the cards that bad! I guess I'll have to make some of my own

Okay, question #2; anyone know of a website that has scans of the cards or whathaveyou that I could build?

Thanks guys!

http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=799

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bear in mind Proxies are not legal for Organized Play. Sooner or later you should save up and buy the ship that has the cards you want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.