Popular Tags: [View All]
Nundo Bolas
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I'm planning on buying this, but I heard the (1st) reprint had a bad board (with inward dials & easy tear). Has a better (2nd?) reprint been released yet? If so, how can I recognize a superior reprint? (Or is there no such thing and do all reprints suffer from buggy boards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Neontek wrote:
I'm planning on buying this, but I heard the (1st) reprint had a bad board (with inward dials & easy tear). Has a better (2nd?) reprint been released yet? If so, how can I recognize a superior reprint? (Or is there no such thing and do all reprints suffer from buggy boards?

I personally have never had a problem with reading the board or it tearing. I think people may be a bit harsh on their stuff then complain when it breaks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine tore before I'd played a single game. Took it from the box, assembled the dials, then realised the designers had made it impossible to safely store it. It tore as I was very carefully re folding it.
I actually don't mind terribly, ended up cutting the board to make it fit without future fear of tearing the artwork:

However it was a terrible redesign, I don't think people were being excessively harsh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't remember where I read it, but FF is aware, and has addressed the issue. However, if by chance you do pick up a copy with the inverted dials (or any other defect for that matter); just send an e-mail to FF customer support and they'll take care of it for you.

Now do yourself a favor and pick up this game already -cuz CITOW is absolutely fantastic !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies Nundo. I was replying to the previous poster who implied it wasn't a problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure which version is which, but mine DID NOT have inward dials. When I fold it up the dials are outside and on the top. Mine is a 1st Ed too (the one's with the Slaanesh dial advancement typos).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Sinodinos
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, it was only last year's reprint that had the boards with the inverted dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
β€œIt's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I do have a first edition and my copy is fine ... meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I have the first edition and the expansion. Both fit into the box near perfectly, the board is in perfect condition and everything is pretty fantastic.

The only minor complaint is that the artwork of the map can be a little hard to distinguish between some of the boarders and can look a little busy sometime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love how OP asked about the reprints and multiple people chimed in that their first printing boards are fine. Of course they are, that's the whole point of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Allen
Australia
TERALBA
NSW
flag msg tools
The space left intentionally blank
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neontek wrote:
.. but I heard the (1st) reprint had a bad board...

sorry, my bad. I didn't see the word "reprint" and only saw "1st" so I want to defend the 1st eds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
What copy is the 2nd edition? I'm aware there is a black box and one with more art on the cover.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Black box = 1st ed
Nurgle cover = 2nd ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weaver
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I usually buy from miniature market because of good prices. It looks like they're out of stock but fantasy flight's website said they're reprinting in August. Do we think that this August 2013 reprint, when it hits the online stores, will have the physical problems fixed?

I've never played the game before but am looking forward to buying it based on the amazing reviews. Also, both covers look good to me so I don't mind a newer edition if that's the only difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.