mbmbmbmbmb
Assassin
Identity: Anarch
Cost: 1
Type: Program: Icebreaker - AI
Strength: 1
Influence Cost: 2
Memory Cost: 1
3 credits -> bypass and trash ice with strength 0 or less.
1 credit -> ice has -1 strength

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm correct in thinking icebreakers can't interact with Ice until their strength is at least equal to the ice, yes? In which case, this seems extremely weak. It can trash some ice, but only weak ice you could probably bypass cheaply anyway. I guess it does increase pressure from things like parasite, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
It would have to combo with parasite/datasucker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Wallace
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6th Circle Nethermancer in Service of the Queen!
mbmbmbmbmb
So there's no way to buff it so it can match strength so the other two subroutines can be used AND it is strictly better than Wyrm.... It needs to be 2 MU and cost more IMO, and then the possibility of unlimited ICE trashing needs to be considered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
Yeah basically, you just combine this with Wyrm and you can trash literally every ice for the cost of Wyrm breaking one Subroutine of that Ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
It's so overpowered that it almost hurts to read
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McLelland
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
Don't touch me!!!
badge
Hi! How are you?!?
mbmbmbmbmb
Broken in every way. With any number of anarch cards this would make it so the coorp would never have any servers protected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an interesting idea though; datasucker and ice carver would make this too strong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a thread for new card ideas.

If people think that thread is too old and we need to start a new one, that's fine, but I think the general consensus a while back was that we don't want each new card idea to start clogging up the forums with their own threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Any response OP? Do you agree with them? Disagree? Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Meyer
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The power level may be off. If so, my preferred fix is to increase the cost of the second power, perhaps 2 credits per 1 strength reduction.

I dislike using combined big threads for posting my creative ideas. I have considered using a blogging system instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Meyer
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raven Bloodeyes wrote:
So there's no way to buff it so it can match strength so the other two subroutines can be used AND it is strictly better than Wyrm.... It needs to be 2 MU and cost more IMO, and then the possibility of unlimited ICE trashing needs to be considered.

Wyrm can buff itself, so there is no strict comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Meyer
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
Yeah basically, you just combine this with Wyrm and you can trash literally every ice for the cost of Wyrm breaking one Subroutine of that Ice.

Think of it as teamwork between the two icebreaker. If you get each icebreaker separately they are very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Barth
Germany
flag msg tools
The power level is off because of the first effect, not the second. In fact the strength reduction could be completely removed and the card would still be way too strong (like miles ahead of the rest of the card pool)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Meyer
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirprim wrote:
The power level is off because of the first effect, not the second. In fact the strength reduction could be completely removed and the card would still be way too strong (like miles ahead of the rest of the card pool)

I take you to mean there is a problem with repeated trashing. It all comes down to math and number crunching. If I have time to work it out I'll post it here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.