Subject: 8.2.1.2.2.1 British Colonial Trade rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Javier Maqua
Spain
Madrid
Madrir
flag msg tools
Does Great Britain receive the British Colonial Trade while London is occupied?

Reading the rules I would say yes.... but we have a great argument between the French and GB players in it...

Can someone help?

Regards,

Javier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people I've run into read 8.2.1.2.1.5 to mean that even colonial trade is disallowed when London is occupied ("A major power may not conduct any trade..."). But where there's an EiA game, it's likely there's someone that will disagree. So read that rule and make your decision as a group what it means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Maqua
Spain
Madrid
Madrir
flag msg tools
Yes, thats what happend. If you read the rules to the point, the sentence where it says "A major power may not conduct any trade." its inside the "Domestic Trade" rules, whereas the American and British Overseas rules are in an altogehter complete different point.
Following the rules to the point, I would said it is permited, but if you follow common sense, then I would not allow it.
It seems the same problem floats around in every game around.

Anyone else?

Regards,

Javier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have seen 3-4 games where London was occupied, although I was never one of the players directly involved. I cannot recall US/overseas trade ever being considered: "you cannot conduct any trade" is unambiguous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Oliver
Saint Lucia
Terrassa
Catalonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
8.2.1.2.1.5: A major power may not conduct any trade (except through eligible controlled minor free state ports) if its national capital city (both Moscow and St. Petersburg for Russia) is occupied by unbesieged enemy factors. A major power at war with Great Britain may not conduct any domestic trade.

Quote:

8.2.1.2.2.1 British Colonial Trade: Great Britain receives an additional 30 (only 15 money points while at war with the USA - see 8.2.1.2.2.2.2.3) money points for trade with its colonies.

Rule says "any trade" and colonial trade seems like a trade. Argueing about this rules seems ilogical. Spok dixit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.