Subject: Confused... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Barnett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The information above states that the original 5-6 player expansion set in the BGG shop contains 60 plastic meeples. The review below (Feeding Frenzy) also states that the original 5-6 player expansion set contains plastic meeples for all colours to replace the original wooden ones (as there were issues over the numbers and consistent shape).

However, the BGG store itself states that the original 5-6 player expansion set contains 60 wooden meeples....

Any idea which is correct?

I have the 30th Anniversary Edition so I should probably just get the new 5-6 expansion set just released but the original 5-6 expansion set contains 60 for $7.50 dollars and the new one only 20 for $10 dollars so the older one would be much better value if it does indeed contain plastic meeples (unless I am missing something else).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george bews
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the original 5-6 expansion, and it was poor quality. The stickers for the plastic meeples would fall off a lot and the meeples themselves seemed pretty cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
It's plastic. And George is right about the stickers falling off. I ended up using a Sharpie to mark the meeples

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
giggity wrote:
I saw the original 5-6 expansion, and it was poor quality. The stickers for the plastic meeples would fall off a lot and the meeples themselves seemed pretty cheap.

Many people complain about the stickers falling off, but I bought the 5-6 player expansion when it first came out, and I have not had a single sticker fall off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My stickers almost exploded off. Had to use a label maker and apply new numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
barnetto wrote:
The information above states that the original 5-6 player expansion set in the BGG shop contains 60 plastic meeples. The review below (Feeding Frenzy) also states that the original 5-6 player expansion set contains plastic meeples for all colours to replace the original wooden ones (as there were issues over the numbers and consistent shape).

However, the BGG store itself states that the original 5-6 player expansion set contains 60 wooden meeples....

Any idea which is correct?

I have the 30th Anniversary Edition so I should probably just get the new 5-6 expansion set just released but the original 5-6 expansion set contains 60 for $7.50 dollars and the new one only 20 for $10 dollars so the older one would be much better value if it does indeed contain plastic meeples (unless I am missing something else).

The original was 60 plastic to replace the wood, which had imperfections and could be marked.
It looks like the new one just has 20 plastic meeples.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
The original was 60 plastic to replace the wood, which had imperfections and could be marked.

To be clear, this is because the new one is designed to match the second version of Survive made by Stronghold, which comes with plastic meeples to begin with. Thus it does not need to replace the base game components, as the original 5-6 player expansion did.

Also, the style of the meeples is different in the second version than the first version 5-6 player expansion. The newer ones have embossed and inked numbers rather than stickers and the newer expansion matches this style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:

What I wanna know is why I can get the older 5-6 player expansion with 60 meeples for this game for $7.50 and the new 5-6 player expansion with 20 meeples costs $10 at the BGG store?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khonnor wrote:
lfisher wrote:

What I wanna know is why I can get the older 5-6 player expansion with 60 meeples for this game for $7.50 and the new 5-6 player expansion with 20 meeples costs $10 at the BGG store?

Actually the original expansion came with 60 meeples, a sticker sheet, and replacement mountain tiles. The new expansion, only 20 meeples. Plus, the original is limit ONE per customer. You can buy as many as you like of the newer expansion, though.

There was talk of the stickers falling off on the original plastic meeples but I found they stick fine, but are a bit of work initially to apply all 60 in the little bottoms of the meeples.

I guess the new expansion costs more to match the base game meeples?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, I just tried to order the 60 meeple expansion and about $16 was added for shipping to Europe. Interesting.

Yesterday I received the Giant Squid, Dolphin/Dive and an expansion for another game and was 'charged' $1.

I assume it's a HUGE box the 60 meeples come in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my meeple box right here. 170mm x 110mm x 25mm. Don't know the weight but I doubt it's much.

Was your Dolphin/Dive and Giant Squid both in a bag?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.