fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
Boston connection?
Check.
Anti-government, anti-Obama conspiracy theorist?
Check.
Run out of town on a rail by the Boston fans & media?
Check.
No one has heard from him since a high-profile anti-Obama snub who has since been hiding out in the backwoods of Colorado?
Check.

DEAR FBI, ARREST TIM THOMAS!!!

I believe my detective work here is done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
He'll be out again in like, 5 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:

But he's a goalie so someone else will serve those 5 minutes for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Jythier wrote:

But he's a goalie so someone else will serve those 5 minutes for him.

I've seen a goalie be sent off for 10 minutes for fighting.

I heard he was questioned. They kept shooting questions at him, and he kept deflecting. Sadly for him, the MO fits like a glove, and they found he had padded his bank account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Too soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
Its Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
mbmbmbmbmb
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

Pretty sure the fault lies with Obama and/or damn liberals.

Did not the left widely blame 9/11/01 on Bush even though he'd been in office only 9 months? Obama has been in office 51 months, why isn't it his fault?

Is he ever to be held accountable for anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirror, Mirror
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

Did not the left widely blame 9/11/01 on Bush even though he'd been in office only 9 months? Obama has been in office 51 months, why isn't it his fault?

If 'the left' were the only ones blaming Bush for 9/11, then you should be immensely relieved to learn that 'the right' has been blaming Obama for pretty much every bad thing that's happened in the last 20 years, including this.

So, congratulations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

are you only talking about bad things?

it was nice to have the wingnuts represented in this boston thing so early....infowars....what goofs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

are you only talking about bad things?

Of course! Bad things happen because of Obama. Good things happen in spite of Obama. For example: storms.

EDIT: sometimes storms are also caused by a high concentration of homosexuality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

Did not the left widely blame 9/11/01 on Bush even though he'd been in office only 9 months?

Widely blamed? I don't remember it that way. I remember people being generally supportive until that administration leveraged 9/11 to start the war they really wanted in Iraq.

Quote:
Obama has been in office 51 months, why isn't it his fault?

Fault is a weird word to use here. He should be held accountable for what he does (or doesn't do), but have you already decided that he screwed something up here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
das Andere wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

If 'the left' were the only ones blaming Bush for 9/11, then you should be immensely relieved to learn that 'the right' has been blaming Obama for pretty much every bad thing that's happened in the last 20 years, including this.

So, congratulations.

My apologies for not being clearer, "Is he ever to be held accountable for anything by the left and the Main Stream Media?"

** Worst jobs president since the Great Depression.
** Poverty at highest rate since 1960′s.
** Worst economic recovery ever.
** More Americans on food stamps than entire population of Spain.
** Record number of Americans seeking jobs.
** Record number of Americans giving up seeking jobs.
** Failed trillion dollar stimulus.
** Four straight years of trillion dollar deficits.
** 8.8 million Americans on disability.
** Ambassador Murdered in Libya while president was AWOL (and
failed to call it terroris)
** Lies in debate saying he called Benghazi a terrorist attack the
next day

I remember when they called Reagan "The teflon president". The reason nothing sticks to Obama is because the media isn't throwing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
das Andere wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

So, congratulations.

My apologies for not being clearer, "Is he ever to be held accountable for anything by the left and the Main Stream Media?"

next day

I remember when they called Reagan "The teflon president". The reason nothing sticks to Obama is because the media isn't throwing anything.

Sheesh you could at least have the decency to think up your own near hysterical screed.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/04/boston-marathon-terr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:

Not surprising since he came in after the worst crash since then.

Quote:

See above.

Quote:

You forgot about the Depression already?

Quote:

Is Spain relevant somehow?

Quote:

And record population too.

Quote:

Or successful in shortening the recession.

Quote:

So we should have made drastic cuts during a slow recovery?

Quote:

He has been busy kneecapping people?

Quote:
next day

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

Quote:

You got all this crap from the media.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirror, Mirror
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:
das Andere wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

So, congratulations.

next day

I see.
The question you're really trying to ask is, "Why doesn't everyone hate Obama as much as I do?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob M.
United States
College Park,
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
[q="Gutrender"]

Quote:
next day

"No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation."

I could respond to each point as you equally wrong on everything but the most recent is one that really sticks in my craw.

Full transcript of the President's 'speech' after Benghazi

The United States condemns, in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack [note he does not say 'terrorist attack'. We’re working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I’ve also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world.

And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers ['killers', not terrorists] our people. Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.

We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None.

The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts. Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so,
and this attack [not terrorist attack or act of terror] will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya.

Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers [ed not terrorists]alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’ body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It’s especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi
because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi.

With characteristic skill, courage and resolve he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya.

When the Gadhafi regime came to an end Chris was there to
serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy. And I think both Secretary Clinton and I have relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there.

He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is
still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. And today the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but ourmemories of them linger on.

I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the
work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of
those who loved them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourn with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those, both civilian and military, who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror [he is refering to 9/11 and studiously avoiding calling Benghazi a terrorist attack because he has been crowing about defeating al Qaeda with the killing of bin Laden]will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for.

1. Where does Obama refer to Benghazi as a terror attack
2. If he believed it was a terror attack why did he allow his UN representative to spend two weeks explaining it as a spontaneous mob agitated?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gutrender wrote:

1. Where does Obama refer to Benghazi as a terror attack

Where I said he did. You can parse and editorialize as much as you want, but it is right there. Was reading comprehension not a strong subject for you?

Quote:
2. If he believed it was a terror attack why did he allow his UN representative to spend two weeks explaining it as a spontaneous mob agitated?

The tale seems to grow with the telling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rshipley wrote:
Gutrender wrote:
chaendlmaier wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:
Too soon?

Did not the left widely blame 9/11/01 on Bush even though he'd been in office only 9 months?

Widely blamed? I don't remember it that way. I remember people being generally supportive until that administration leveraged 9/11 to start the war they really wanted in Iraq.

Quite. An awful lot of near-pacifist acquaintances of mine were even supporting of the Afghanistan invasion after it - overthrowing a foreign regime largely responsible for attacking us on our own territory is something all Americans, of any political persuasion, tend to get behind pretty quickly.

Where 'the left' suddenly started having a huge problem with Bush was when he segued the Afghan conflict seamlessly into a pointless and unjustified invasion of a completely-unrelated nation. THAT pissed people off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
rshipley wrote:

You're remembering incorrectly.

"How likely is it that people in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East?" the poll asked.

A full 22.6% of Democrats said it was "very likely." Another 28.2% called it "somewhat likely."

You know what's fun? Checking sources.

So here's what I was able to find in the link.

http://www.newspolls.org/surveys/SHOH37/18911

Question:
There are also accusations being made following the 9/11 terrorist attack. One of these is: People in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted to United States to go to war in the Middle East.

Answers: ( respondents)
Very likely 16%
Somewhat likely 20%
Not likely 59%
Don't know 5%

http://www.newspolls.org/articles/19615

There's a link to the larger article.

Did you notice something missing? Why yes, it's any identification of political party. So...that may have been just entirely made up. In addition, the "sample size" was about 800 people. Assuming that they actually did track party and the numbers you provided were actually accurate, that means that they probably actually surveyed about 400 self-identified democrats.

You'll also note that this survey was taken six years after the attacks, at which point a lot of democrats were starting to feel a little "so we were attacked by Syrians from an organization headquartered in Afghanistan and now we're attacking...Iraq? I kind of feel like maybe you wanted to attack Iraq all along," and which of course completely negates your claim that "at the time" Democrats did not support Bush.

I will tell you as a democrat I never really engaged in any Monday Morning Quarterbacking regarding Bush's handling of the pre-9-11 intel or the crisis. I do think he looked like a dofus reading books to kids during the attack, but I don't think him being a dofus made any difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
rshipley wrote:

You're remembering incorrectly.

"How likely is it that people in the federal government either assisted in the 9/11 attacks or took no action to stop the attacks because they wanted the United States to go to war in the Middle East?" the poll asked.

A full 22.6% of Democrats said it was "very likely." Another 28.2% called it "somewhat likely."

If you find something where people actually blame Bush for 9/11, post that. This one is just asking for people to vent their frustrations over Iraq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.