Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Greater Than Games' next game, Galactic Strike Force is up on Kickstarter right now. If you are interested in supporting them, follow the link to check it out.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/galactic-strike-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Sentinels of the Multiverse to Galactic Strike Force
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergio Macias
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
90 dollars is a lot of money, and there is also the risk of facing customs. I will have to wait until it's officialy released, I'm afraid shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused. There is no pitch video. There isn't a single picture of game components. What are people throwing their money at?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kc2dpt wrote:
What are people throwing their money at?

I pledged with a 29 day window to change my mind.

I pledged because of all the fun I have had from Sentinels of the Multiverse. I am hoping this turns out as good, and I am willing to give the campaign a boost while I wait for rules and previews.

How is that "throwing" my money at it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
I'm not even considering backing this until I see some components and an overview of the rules. Sentinels is great, but backing without knowing what you're spending money on is unwise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Sentinals but there is not nearly enough info for this game for me to invest yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This is an underwhelming launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"...from the creators of Sentinels of the Multiverse!"

Really, how much more do you need to know?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reminds me of an article a read a few days ago about how a band's best selling album often isn't their best album but rather the one that came out after their best one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how much info will be released by >G on day one, but I do know that they have been playtesting this one allot. Based on their track record, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, plus I'm a sucker for space based games. Unlike others though, this one is co-op.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dérek Boily
Canada
Québec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting insights over there -----> http://dicehateme.com/2013/02/the-state-of-games-episode-41-...

(Ok, no picture of the game components, but still...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Update 1 with lots of info!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gtgames/galactic-strike-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like co-op, I love Sentinels, I'm ... okay with space.
Less happy with the races clearly being elves, orcs, etc. Kind of wish that were at least a little more subtle, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Less happy with the races clearly being elves, orcs, etc. Kind of wish that were at least a little more subtle, but still.

I personally feel like its the naming. Like I wouldn't have seen the connection to the Dwarfs and Orcs unless they explicitly mentioned it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koey wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

I personally feel like its the naming. Like I wouldn't have seen the connection to the Dwarfs and Orcs unless they explicitly mentioned it.

Really? You can look at that dwarf picture and not immediately see a dwarf? The others aren't as bad, but still.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cookingham
United States
Poughkeepsie
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like it.

Fantasy in space has barely been explored, and I have not been a fan of most previous attempts (WH40k and Star Wars). I did like the old Dungeons & Dragon's setting Spelljammer, and this may scratch a similar itch.

The first pilot they have shown flies around in a giant dragon claw. That is a fun idea, and I look forward to one of the Opposition being a very angry mate to that dragon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos "Koey"
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Koey wrote:
Jlerpy wrote:

Really? You can look at that dwarf picture and not immediately see a dwarf? The others aren't as bad, but still.

The way I saw it I thought it was more of a lion race until I read the text to understand they are Dwarf's beard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
seems to be slow moving... was really hoping for the upgraded box...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.