Subject: replacing Akachi Onyele rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
hi,
i dont like the picture of Akachi Onyele, so i decided to create a new character with the strane eons program.
i'm looking for a picture of a voodoo witch or something like that.
any suggestions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue 80
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know specifically, but you're probably better off searching for a Voodoo/Vodou priestess rather than "witch". Mambo is the Haitian Vodou term for a female priestess. However this character is meant to be a shaman, not Voodoo as far as I'm aware (I don't own Innsmouth so I can't be sure) so a Voodoo priestess might not fit with the personal stories etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Jacky Blue Note wrote:
Don't know specifically, but you're probably better off searching for a Voodoo/Vodou priestess rather than "witch". Mambo is the Haitian Vodou term for a female priestess. However this character is meant to be a shaman, not Voodoo as far as I'm aware (I don't own Innsmouth so I can't be sure).

thx for the quick reply and the info,
it doesn't really matter to me if the character will be a shaman or a voodoo priestess. i'm just lokking for a cool picture and i didn't find one yet (using google pictures).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
She is definitely a shaman and not a voodoo practitioner. The characters associated with voodoo would be Marie Lambeau and to a lesser extent Jim Culver.

For Akachi, you could always use a picture of Storm from the X-Men. She would fit the model quite well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teeka
Netherlands
Naarden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwoo wrote:
hi,
i dont like the picture of Akachi Onyele, so i decided to create a new character with the strane eons program.
any suggestions?

If I may ask, what don't you like about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Teeka wrote:
johnwoo wrote:
hi,
any suggestions?

If I may ask, what don't you like about it?

it's just a matter of personal tase. the picture is not evocative enough.
i like this one better:
http://yeeeah.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tia-dalma.jpg
or maybe a native american witch doctor (still haven't found).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She oughta be dressed in western/American clothes, to blend in. Maybe have some shamanic jewelry. I think she'd have really intense eyes too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.