Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Join the Canucks Amuck Game Group at:
http://wargames.meetup.com/78/events/4821429/
and come out on Saturday, Jan 28, 2006

2006's first session features "Twilight Imperium" (Third Edition) an epic, low-complexity (but high strategy) game of galactic conquest in a galaxy torn apart by the collapse of the central authority. With a wide array of alien species and more ways to back-stab than a Roman senator in the Ides of March, this game is a graphic delight as well as fiendishly fun to play.

Other games to be shown include: "Descent: Journeys in the Dark", by Fantasy Flight Games, a tactical fantasy boardgame set in FFG's Runebound universe using Kevin Wilson's "Doom" mechanics; ADB's "Federation Commander: Klingon Border" - a revamped and simplified Star Fleet battles game; a few dogfights in the "Down in Flames" series of quick WWII aerial combat; and possibly a play-through of the original 1976 version of "Starship Troopers" by Avalon Hill.

Group organizer (and BGG member) Kozure will also be bringing a few beta versions of home-brew games for playtesting. (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/Kozure)

If you haven't been to a meet-up yet, this first meet-up of 2006 presents a great opportunity to get out and meet your fellow group members, and get a few games in at the same time.

sign up to the Canucks Amuck group for the full details on this and other Toronto wargame events.
http://wargames.meetup.com/78/events/4821429/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FullContactGEEK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Toronto - Jan 28 - Twilight Imperium, Descent and More..
How long are you planning on going for that day? OISE is not far from where I work but I will be working until 5ish. I wouldn't mind dropping in and checking things out, tho I probably couldn't stay to play anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Formally, the event starts at 1pm, but there will be a smaller group there earlier - around 10am - and there will be people there up to as late as 7pm

Not sure exactly when the TI3 game is starting....probably in the afternoon though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zom Bee
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Twilight Imperium is starting at 10:30am...not that it won't still be going in some form by 1pm, but...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.