Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
I'm wondering if the Passive Player is allowed to retreat forces from an ongoing battle (one that wasn't started during the previous Movement Phase). Reading the rules it appears the only time the Passive Player may retreat is either during Rout or by refusing battle. In fact, it seems like once the combat phase starts, neither player may retreat (except by Rout). Is my reading of the rules correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Gray
United States
Glenwood Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't have the rules in front of me, but check out "Partial Retreats".

I'm wondering about withdrawals/retreats by sea. Are they allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Pressler
United States
West Lafayette
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
OMG! Overtext! How long have I been sleeping?! OVERTEXT! Also, I'm a DESIGNER now?! Sweet! OVERTEXXXXXXT!
badge
HO HO HO! Give me some money!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct that the Passive Player will only retreat by Refusing Battle or if Routed. Yes, once the combat phase begins, neither side may retreat unless Routed. The normal Full and Partial Retreats may only be made by the Active Player by using their movement to disengage from a battle hex. It's true that you cannot retreat during combat like you can in other blockgames, but the difference is that there is only a single round of combat (defender fires, attacker fires) per turn, so the actual battles often stretch out over several turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Poochie D
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks for your replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.