Hide
23 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades » Game Valuations

Subject: Heroscape Swarm of the Marro Game Set Price? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
some geek
msg tools
I was looking at the Heroscape Swarm of the Marro Game Set online and see the price is around $140. This set is out of print, correct? Is this the price it was when it was released or is this due to limited availability?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
It is OOP and retail was around $40 or so.

Anything Heroscape is going to have %200-%300 mark ups due to scarcity and demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Walmart had them for $37 when they were new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
somegeek wrote:
I was looking at the Heroscape Swarm of the Marro Game Set online and see the price is around $140. This set is out of print, correct? Is this the price it was when it was released or is this due to limited availability?

You can get a better price than that. Keep an eye out for sales and auctions here or on ebay. There's one for sale on BGG for $40 just missing one turn marker. Someone who has multiple sets will have a spare one to send you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine for somewhere around 45-55 in December.

Swarm of the Marro is usually the second cheapest master set next to the Marvel one.

Ebay will almost always give you the worst heroscape prices.

First check here in the marketplace
Then check the forums at heroscapers ( http://www.heroscapers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=110 )
THEN as a last resort check ebay.

Also, use boardgamesearch.com to check stores for new figure packs if that's your thing. When last I checked, some of them still had some of the waves brand new for the original price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some geek
msg tools
Thanks for the reply. Where can I find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some geek
msg tools
Is there a particular set I should purchase as our first?

My almost six year old son has done well picking up games and may have an interest in some tabletop combat games like heroscape after watching him and his brother play out some combat with lego 'robot wars'. Trying to strike while the iron is hot here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
somegeek wrote:
Thanks for the reply. Where can I find this?

You might want to use the QuickQuote link when replying so we can tell what you are referring to.

But if you are talking about games for sale here, find the game page using the search box at the top and then look for the marketplace section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The original Valkyrie starter was the best set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van Eikeren
Netherlands
Hoorn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Either Rise of the Valkyrie or Swarm of the Marro gives you the best bang for your buck. The Marvel and D&D-sets have some nice figures, but very limited terrain. I would shop around though, because $140 for a set is ridiculous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
somegeek wrote:

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie is the first set and maybe a little better to start with. You can add other packs that you find once you have one of these. Your son will probably like it a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some geek
msg tools
rshipley wrote:
somegeek wrote:

You can get a better price than that. Keep an eye out for sales and auctions here or on ebay. There's one for sale on BGG for $40 just missing one turn marker. Someone who has multiple sets will have a spare one to send you.

I pinged the seller for the $40 set... curious what the shipping cost is. Thanks for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
some geek
msg tools
rshipley wrote:
somegeek wrote:

Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie is the first set and maybe a little better to start with. You can add other packs that you find once you have one of these. Your son will probably like it a lot.

I pinged the seller of the $45 set regarding shipping.

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van Eikeren
Netherlands
Hoorn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to check the forums at http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?u=2. They have a sightings and sales-forum where you might be able to find some good deals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Valuations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping should be $12. I shipped a set not too long ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris SC

Madison
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
agreed 10-15 is pretty standard shipping. a swarm of the marrow + a ROTV should run you maybe 80-90 bucks for both and alone make up a pretty solid set if you are just playing 2 player (or small 3 player armies). you may want to splurge and get a second set of terrain though so you can make some bigger and/or more interesting player maps though.

it may be out of print, but if you are patient you can come out ahead. in the last month i've gotten about $350 dollars worth of stuff (if it were brand new. about 500+ in current prices) for a bit less than 200. just keep looking at ebay a few times a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrifterAlpha wrote:
Either Rise of the Valkyrie or Swarm of the Marro gives you the best bang for your buck. The Marvel and D&D-sets have some nice figures, but very limited terrain.

Rise of the Valkyrie had a good deal more terrain than Swarm of the Marro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark van Eikeren
Netherlands
Hoorn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It did, but you could still have a decent-sized battle with SotM. The two sets after that didn't add much in the way of terrain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GrifterAlpha wrote:
It did, but you could still have a decent-sized battle with SotM. The two sets after that didn't add much in the way of terrain.

I thought Battle for the Underdark had enough to play an interesting game with a single set, but that Marvel did not. Here's what came in each set (ignoring glyphs, markers, etc.)

Master Set Figures Terrain (pieces) Terrain (total hexes)

RotV 30 85 359
SotM 24 75 231
BftU 10 50 167
Marvel 10 40 97

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
GrifterAlpha wrote:

I thought Battle for the Underdark had enough to play an interesting game with a single set, but that Marvel did not. Here's what came in each set (ignoring glyphs, markers, etc.)

Master Set Figures Terrain (pieces) Terrain (total hexes)

RotV 30 85 359
SotM 24 75 231
BftU 10 50 167
Marvel 10 40 97

As the numbers above show, RotV is the best set for getting started with Heroscape. I always considered SotM a big box expansion for the base game. The SotM rulebook actually had scenarios that were meant to be played in sequence if I remember correctly.

I skipped BftU and the whole DnD push, it didn't really appeal to me. I do have the Marvel set, but only use it when combined with the main sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
The SotM rulebook actually had scenarios that were meant to be played in sequence if I remember correctly.

BftU has the same thing - four scenarios you can link in a campaign. If you have four sets (which is just about right), you can build the whole thing and just go, because the four maps link together. Some people never checked it out (some because Hasborg/WotC was re-painting D&D figures instead of providing new sculpts; some because they thought D&D was the only subject matter not fit for 'Scape), but it was actually very well done. BftU and the last three expansion waves added a lot to the game if you ask me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.