Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Irvin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Hey All,

Question for you all about spawning zombies in a building:

When drawing cards for rooms in a newly opened building, if I draw say a "walkers get an extra turn" card, do all walkers on the map move, only walkers in the building move, or do none move at all?

One other question while I'm at it:

- For Ned's extra free search starting ability: Does that mean he can search twice on a turn or just that searching doesn't cost one of his actions?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cox
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see if I can not get ninja'd.

1. Every walker on the board gets activated. does not matter where they are.

2. Ned only gets to search 1 time per turn. He just does not need to spend an action to do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Irvin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Gracias Amigo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Tengblad
Sweden
Uppsala
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
michaeldavidcox wrote:
Let's see if I can not get ninja'd.

2. Ned only gets to search 1 time per turn. He just does not need to spend an action to do it.

Wow, are you sure about that? When we played we read his ability to mean that he could search twice each turn, one time for free. If we got that wrong, then we probably made our game significantly easier than it should've been...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's what the rulebook says. Only ever a single search per survivor per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also confirmed in the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And you did make your game easier!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slevin Kelevra
msg tools
Hey, are you sure about this?

In the Rules it is stated searching is a "free" action, so you can perform 3 actions (without extra traits) + 1 search.

Am I wrong?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelevra777 wrote:

In the Rules it is stated searching is a "free" action, so you can perform 3 actions (without extra traits) + 1 search.

Am I wrong?

Cheers

100% sure! It's in the FAQ:

Q: Can Ned use his +1 free Search Action Skill to make a second Search Action during his turn?
A: No. A Survivor can perform only a single Search Action per turn, even if it’s a free Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed that is answered in the FAQ as Jonah has written.

For the extra activation: Yeah, all zombies get the activation but you do not draw a new card for that room. You do continue drawing cards for the ramaining rooms of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelevra777 wrote:

Am I wrong?

Cheers

In the updated rules, it says:
Zombicide Updated Rules wrote:
+1 free Search Action – The Survivor has one free extra Search Action. This Action may only be used to Search and the Survivor can still only Search once per turn.

and in the FAQ it says:
Zombicide FAQ wrote:
Can Ned use his +1 free Search Action Skill to make a second Search Action during his turn?
No. A Survivor can perform only a single Search Action per turn, even if it’s a free Action.

So they seem pretty clear.

Edit: Sigh... spent too long getting all the links and stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Kelevra777 wrote:

Am I wrong?

Cheers

In the updated rules, it says:
Zombicide Updated Rules wrote:
+1 free Search Action – The Survivor has one free extra Search Action. This Action may only be used to Search and the Survivor can still only Search once per turn.

and in the FAQ it says:
Zombicide FAQ wrote:
Can Ned use his +1 free Search Action Skill to make a second Search Action during his turn?
No. A Survivor can perform only a single Search Action per turn, even if it’s a free Action.

So they seem pretty clear.

Edit: Sigh... spent too long getting all the links and stuff.

I am ninja!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slevin Kelevra
msg tools
I see...

The problem is the rules translation to Spanish, rules I was using to learn how to play. The translation is misleading and made me play wrong the whole first game.

English ones are pretty clear. Thanks a lot for clarifying it guys.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelevra777 wrote:
I see...

The problem is the rules translation to Spanish, rules I was using to learn how to play. The translation is misleading and made me play wrong the whole first game.

English ones are pretty clear. Thanks a lot for clarifying it guys.

Cheers

A dodgy translation would make life difficult! Wouldn't worry about playing your first game wrong, most people do that. We played with plenty of ammo allowing you to re-roll just the misses rather than the all the dice. It made City Blocks not too hard, then we played it properly....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.