Subject: Session with the mini expansions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shlomi Atia
Israel
Deganya B
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After hearing some good things about Castles of Burgundy, I decided to order it. I was quite sure about this purchase, so I decided to include the mini expansions as well. Sadly, the expansions arrived much earlier then the game itself.

I decided to try and play it anyway.

Here is a picture of the components:

Not too much chrome at least.
We needed to improvise as some parts of the game were missing, but I found the end result rather functional:

In her first turn, my fiance didn't have much luck. All she could do was getting 4 workers, and buy the Park building.

My turn went a little better, as I've gotten a yellow tile, 2 workers, and bought the goats. It didn't help me in the end, though. In the next round, my fiance placed the Park as Watchtower, and took the last yellow tile.

The final score was 4-2.

The winning board

As for now, I would say that this game can be a nice filler between heavier games. I'm a little worried about replayability, though.
You don't need to listen to me, however, let's see if my significant other approves:

Guess we'll stick with TTR for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty funny!

But should it be in
The Castles of Burgundy: 2nd Expansion – New Hex Tiles ?

Oh it was multiple expansions! hahaha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Stephenson
Canada
Burlington
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is awesome. Thanks for the laugh! Hope your play through when the full game arrives goes better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.