Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This half-yearly event is back, this time at a new location, the Moon Under Water pub, Victoria.

May 26th, starting at 11.30am. Bring Games, play them, have a drink while doing so. Easy, casual games day. Tickets cost $8, which gets you in and a $5 voucher for the bar.

Please ask me for further details. Tickets available in advance through me, or a couple of other sources.

Details available on facbook as well : https://www.facebook.com/boardgamersofday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hooray, Chris! I bought tickets #4 and #5 a couple weeks ago and you'll see me there. Thanks again for setting this up. I trust "bar" will include food, with the kitchen being open?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dustin boggs
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
these are my overtexts and
badge
now I am without geek gold :(
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely try to do this finally. Can I get tickets at moon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgames and craft beer?

I think I'm in for this one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sounds intriguing if my work schedule allows it!

Is this intended as a Eurogamey type day, or will there be room for Ameritrash/gateway Wargames?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The kitchen is open for their normal food menu.

Tickets are through me, Interactivity or the QVs Monday night group. I can get tickets out to other people as necessary, drop my a message.

Games are whatever game you want to bring. There is no schedule, pre-sign up, events list, or guests of honour. If everyone brings Ameri-trash, it'll be Ameritrash. In the past its been a mix of Euro's, lighter pick up silly games and one or two serious heavier games. I wouldn't recommend a huge sprawling 2 player war game that takes up 15 tables though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Walsh

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmb
von wildensee wrote:

Is this intended as a Eurogamey type day, or will there be room for Ameritrash/gateway Wargames?

I bought two tickets yesterday - and yes to some Ameritrash/wargames.

WW
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
In the past its been a mix of Euro's, lighter pick up silly games and one or two serious heavier games.

I personally would love to get in a session of a multiplayer type sci fi/horror/fantasy game if there is interest.

As for big maps, no worries, although I must admit I saw the guys set up and play this one in Seattle: http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1563863/it-never-snows,
very impressive.

Table was even built up to standing height so no aching backs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
I personally would love to get in a session of a multiplayer type sci fi/horror/fantasy game if there is interest.

If there's anything in particular in my collection that interests you, let me know and we'll try to remember to bring it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adria wrote:
von wildensee wrote:

If there's anything in particular in my collection that interests you, let me know and we'll try to remember to bring it!

Sweet! I'll take you up on that kind offer.

Chris, can you pls send me some more info on how to pick up a ticket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TK Number 3
Canada
Edmonton
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:
Adria wrote:
von wildensee wrote:

Sweet! I'll take you up on that kind offer.

Chris, can you pls send me some more info on how to pick up a ticket?

You can get tickets at Interactivity games, just off the corner of Fort and Douglas street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I am wondering if anyone has a copy of Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game that they would be willing to teach/play for the DoB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shikosaki wrote:

I am wondering if anyone has a copy of Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game that they would be willing to teach/play for the DoB

I'd definitely be up for that... (learning, not teaching that is whistle )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adria D
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you guys are OK with playing BSG with the expansions, I and/or my boyfriend can teach it.

I say with the expansions because it'd be a pain to separate all the cards. Alternatively, if someone brings a copy of the base game only, I can teach that too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Oh man. I'm heading to Victoria for a week in May to visit family. But I leave there on May 25th. Ah well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tickets are now almost sold out. I don't have any on me now. I have to connect with Interactivity but he was down to two or three last I checked.

Please let me know directly if you need a ticket. There will not be any for sale on the door.

EDIT : The event is officially sold out. Thanks for all your support, look forward to see you all in 4 weeks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Walsh

Victoria
British Columbia
msg tools
mbmb
Would there be any interest in a math trade with the DOBG? We may be able to move a couple things in a group this size...
next question is would anyone with experience be willing to run it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Panagrot
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As I've never understood math trades or how to participate in them, I'd pass on it. I would, however, be interested in straight up trading there. As opposed to bringing my complete collection, perhaps a list of games for trade / wants could be created and we could sort out trading details on the day of?

That, or a math trade if someone is gracious enough to teach me how. :D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Poplawski
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
thetragicallytim wrote:
As I've never understood math trades or how to participate in them, I'd pass on it. I would, however, be interested in straight up trading there. As opposed to bringing my complete collection, ...

If only it were possible to make a GeekList of DoB III attendees, we'd be able to see who's coming and what might be in their closets at home.

In any case, anyone's welcome to click on my profile to learn what I want to acquire, the few items I want to part with, and what I'm really wanting to play.

Something I thought I would also mention is that I place orders from amazon.de fairly regularly, so if there's something available there that you're not able to find somewhere else, I'd be happy to order it for you. We'll just share costs, I don't make any money on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetragicallytim wrote:
As I've never understood math trades or how to participate in them, I'd pass on it. I would, however, be interested in straight up trading there. As opposed to bringing my complete collection, perhaps a list of games for trade / wants could be created and we could sort out trading details on the day of?

That, or a math trade if someone is gracious enough to teach me how.

I consider myself to be in the same camp as Tim; I want to do a Math trade but it sounds a tad intimidating/confusing.

Alternately, I could start a trades geeklist for those who are interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Turner
Canada
Regina
SK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I might be able to come last minute, so if anyone who has a ticket wants to unload it closer to the event, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WestyNesty wrote:
Would there be any interest in a math trade with the DOBG? We may be able to move a couple things in a group this size...
next question is would anyone with experience be willing to run it?

I'd be up for a math trade. Like the others, this would be my first one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Panagrot
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I vote for Jordan's Geek List Trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan " ; " Czop
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thetragicallytim wrote:
I vote for Jordan's Geek List Trade!

Done and Done! Here it is: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/156759/dob-iii-victoria-b-...

Get yer trade on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Panagrot
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
You're the man, Jordan!

I'm in the Minneapolis airport on a five hour layover for my Amsterdam flight with nothing to do. Now I can set up my trades. Thanks, buddy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.