Popular Tags: [View All]
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules says:
"Sandbags alter the minefield attack" so, if a unit enter in an hex with minefield + sandbag it has +1 on his DV on the minefield attack.
But the sandbag only alter the minefield attack?
cover as Urban or Woods alter the minefield attack?

what rapresents the chart on pag 16 of the rules: Unit Type vp-R vp-D ?
a victory point system?

thank you.
F
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bestiaestinta wrote:
The rules says:
"Sandbags alter the minefield attack" so, if a unit enter in an hex with minefield + sandbag it has +1 on his DV on the minefield attack.
But the sandbag only alter the minefield attack?

Sandbags alter all forms of combat: minefield attacks, ranged combat and assaults.

bestiaestinta wrote:

cover as Urban or Woods alter the minefield attack?

I think this is correct.

bestiaestinta wrote:

what rapresents the chart on pag 16 of the rules: Unit Type vp-R vp-D ?
a victory point system?

Yes, a victory point system. It's used to determine the level of victory.
R = Reduced
D = Destroyed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
My the two times I played with Mines, I would say never play with Mines. They distort the game too far in favor of the defender in such a way that I cannot believe that they were playtested.

Even altering Mines to be more difficult to place was not enough to preserve game balance.

I have since played the game without the Mine rules at all and enjoyed it immensely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when i enter in an hex with mine i have to stop the movement or i can resolve the mine attack and then continue my movement?

I think that only sandbags alter the minefield attack with +1DV, other cover as urban or wood don't give protection against a mines attack.
what do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
The rules do not say that you have to stop, so you would continue movement with any units that survive the mine attack.

It seems from this http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9018327#9018327 post that sandbags and terrain count. Since mines are an attack and terrain applies to attacks this makes sense. Would be nice if this were clearer in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fausto Paganetti
Italy
Bari
BA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandbags count,the rules (minefield paragraph) says that, but there is nothing about minefield and cover hex as wood or urban.

yes, in some things the rules could be more detailed.
I hope that the expansion will fix these small things.
bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
revnye wrote:
The rules do not say that you have to stop, so you would continue movement with any units that survive the mine attack.

Correct.

revnye wrote:

It seems from this http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9018327#9018327 post that sandbags and terrain count. Since mines are an attack and terrain applies to attacks this makes sense. Would be nice if this were clearer in the rules.

Yes, here's Petre's answer:
Malvictis wrote:
mark heywood wrote:
A question though, does terrain and sandbags modify mine attacks? I played it that they do. I assume smoke doesn't. I haven't found a ruling that speaks to the contrary on this.

You've played it right, sandbags do, while smoke doesn't alter the minefield's attacks. Once placed, sandbags become part of the terrain as mine-safe, protective areas usable by the advancing force (provided they're not already occupied by the enemy, of course).

bestiaestinta wrote:
I think that only sandbags alter the minefield attack with +1DV, other cover as urban or wood don't give protection against a mines attack.
what do you think?

First I haven't payed attention that terrain and sandbags affect minefield attacks, as it's handled differently from other wargames I had played or read about.
I only use Minefields (and Sandbags) as per Scenario Special Rules anyways.
They are very powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomáš Přibyl
Czech Republic
Praha
Prague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any terrain limitation of where I can place minefields? As a defender I can simply build minefield in every hex with control marker and for attacker it's almost impossible to gain control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
No, there is no terrain limitation.

Minefields are broken as currently implemented and should probably be ignored when playing the game until another release fixes them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.