Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if these have already been answered here or in the rule book. (I did look)

In a Night Raid do the Finns need to pay the terrain cost of the actual space their target is In or just enough to get adjacent.

Also, the bridge combat modifier. (brutal) Does that take affect for attacking into or out of a bridge hex, or only bridge hex to bridge hex?

Thanks very much.

I've only played 5 turns and am already head over heels.. amazing game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Non vi sed virtute, not armis sed arte paritur victoria.
badge
e^{i · π} + 1 = 0
mb
RawDealDemo wrote:
In a Night Raid do the Finns need to pay the terrain cost of the actual space their target is In or just enough to get adjacent.

The latter. As per 16.4.1:

When calculating this, do not include the cost to enter the target’s hex and do not pay +2 MPs for conducting an Assault. Simply total the terrain cost of all intervening hexes between the raiding units and their target.

RawDealDemo wrote:
Also, the bridge combat modifier. (brutal) Does that take affect for attacking into or out of a bridge hex, or only bridge hex to bridge hex?

Interesting question. I've always interpreted it this way that a bridge hexside is a hexside both sides of which are the bridge hexes... Therefore it would be bridge to bridge combat that is affected by that modifier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bedard
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, sir. Not sure why that 16.4.1 sentence didn't sink in for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bridge only applies across a particular hexside. Specifically, a hexside with a bridge graphic. So if you're attacking from a hex with a bridge hexside but you're attacking across a different hexside (one without a bridge) then the bridge modifier doesn't apply. I hope that answers your question.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.