Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

are there any other (good) alternative to Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game and the D&D series in general, which can be played also solitaire ?

I like complex games and the major drawback which I've read in the reviews for the mentioned D&D series is that it would be more suited for casual users. Is there any other similar game out there, which has similar features (like random dungeon generation) but is deeper?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check out Mage Knight Board Game. It gets a lot of recommendations for solo gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gears of War: The Board Game
Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game
The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Gears of War: The Board Game
+10 Mage Knight Board Game
Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island
Mice and Mystics
Myth

check out this list

Solo/Co-Op games that look as awesome as they are to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K. Sorbo
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Descent Quest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd really recommend looking at D&D. The couple times I've played I've printed out maps,markers,etc
Outside of combat it plays pretty loosely but as soon as an encounter starts it completely becomes a tactical board game.
I think some people get scared off by the "role play" because they don't want to have to pretend to act like their character. It can be as mechanical as you want and you can still have fun. I find the best thing about dnd isn't the role play or the character development but the amount of choices that you have.

3-3.5 edition has a ton of different classes/races and progressions to play and fight against.

The only bad thing is the time investment. My group started what was going to be a single sitting adventure and we've already played for about 10 hours with the second floor of the dungeon still to go. Now I haven't played descent yet but I have played the other D&D board games and they pale in comparison so much that I just had to post and make the case for dnd. The real dnd and not some watered down variant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ch82 wrote:
I'd really recommend looking at D&D...

Yeah, fine, except the OP expressly asked for games that can be played solo, so this is really not applicable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
+1 Myth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Germany
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the meantime, I've to say that Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game looks promising...probably my first assumption was wrong - I've seen there is also a lot of user content available.

But anyways, thx for the proposals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
hawkeye_de wrote:
In the meantime, I've to say that Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game looks promising...probably my first assumption was wrong - I've seen there is also a lot of user content available.

But anyways, thx for the proposals.

Any of the three in the series are good. Drizzt may be a tad easier because the characters are slightly overpowered. There seems to be more user content for Ravenloft though, but that shouldn't matter. Good luck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.