Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Louis Garwood
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing through Ambush! for the first time. I've completed 2 missions so far, and i have yet to move a single german unit. is this unusual?

their actions are almost always "crouch and take the best shot" or something like that. even when they have no targets. they never say move or crawl or whatever.

could i be doing something wrong, or is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been years and years since I played so many details have been lost. I seem to recall that as the missions progress the pesky Germans start running all over the place. Typically they run to get a better firing position or to save themselves (and deny you VP). In fact, I have vague recollections of wanting to pin those counters to the map!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Bauer
United States
Reading
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Waste Water too
badge
Mid-Atlantic Air Museum
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time for me too. But I agree that the first two missions don't necessarily see movement. They're not training missions per se but the complexity of the missions increases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the others. You're probably ok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can think of two ways to test your issue. The first is to not shoot the Germans, just run up to them and try to get into close combat. The other is to look at the mission cards to see if there are any red numbers - Note that this can really spoil the game (know what hexes to avoid).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pokey 64
United States
Niagara Falls
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you changing the mission cards when conditions change?

Typically, when a paragraph tells you to go to a higher condition number that indicates that the enemy is moving or will move if you trigger it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I can think of two ways to test your issue. The first is to not shoot the Germans, just run up to them and try to get into close combat. The other is to look at the mission cards to see if there are any red numbers - Note that this can really spoil the game (know what hexes to avoid).

Agree! Don't read all the red lines...just give a glance to see if there is some red somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
panzer6 wrote:
Are you changing the mission cards when conditions change?

Typically, when a paragraph tells you to go to a higher condition number that indicates that the enemy is moving or will move if you trigger it.

One of the most frequent mistakes in Ambush!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis Garwood
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been changing the condition. mission 1 i ended in condition 3 i believe, and mission 2 i ended in condition 4.

i have been moving up on enemies and getting in close assault. one time they surrendered(officer in mission 1), and 2 other times they just assaulted me right back.

i did look at the mission cards before i started mission 2 and there was red on them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't think they move much. Just played mission 7 lots of movement
Remember that when the German is adjacent to a us force that special reaction applies. But it sounds like you did this already
Gazman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm (re)playing Ambush! Silver Star Missions
....they move a loooot!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Confusion Under Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the name of the game. You move into an Ambush and they shoot the hell out of you! But seriously you are probably doing fine. I think there is one mission where you are stationary and the Germans move towards you but that might be in one of the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.