László K.
United States
Hopatcong
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Fellow Samurai Gamers,

I just picked up a new copy of Samurai (from Boards & Bits--an excellent online vender, by the way).

Upon removing the shrink wrap and opening the game, I found almost everything to be in order. (Yes, the 4 large map tiles were rubberbanded together. From reading previous posts, this was not unexpected.) I have yet to punch out the game tiles (two "pages" worth with 4 colors total).

However, I discovered that my 4 large map board pieces were quite severely warped--so that when you interlock the map, the jig-sawed connections 'unhook'.

Has anyone else has this problem?

Does anyone have a solution to this board warping?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Sandsquish
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ladislaus wrote:
I discovered that my 4 large map board pieces were quite severely warped--so that when you interlock the map, the jig-sawed connections 'unhook'.

Does anyone have a solution to this board warping?

Yes, mine was the same way. I left the board pieces under some books for about a week and then flexed them backwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the exact same problem. It appears that it happens because the board pieces do not always fit well within the box. The jigsaw edges were on top of the edges of the inner plastic insert. The weight of the board puts a lot of pressure on those edges. I just kind of gently backbended the edges, and I always make sure that I position the pieces correctly so that this doesn't happen again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Close
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine wasn't warped, but the rubber bands had ripped off a large section of the backing paper. At least it was the backing paper, and not the front graphics! A bit of white glue has fixed it, thank goodness.

As mentioned by other posters, some books and a board should fix your board warp too. I can't recommend storing them using those rubber bands though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juanlu Bermudez
Spain
Málaga
Málaga
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ladislaus wrote:

Yes, I've had the same problem. I've just opened my new Samurai copy two days ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.