Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Candy's various potion effects, but she seems awfully weak with only a 2 die blue attack. Based on the other (admittedly limited) forum comments, it looks like other people agree.

Thoughts on a good way to power-up Candy a bit? She's got a higher DEX and WILL than ATT, so giving her a different attack form seems like an easy step. Perhaps give her Missile 4 and Magic 2 to emphasize her versatility?

Any ideas on the topic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This may be more than you were looking to change, but personally the introduction of offensive potions had me thinking C&C should get an overhaul to include 1 straightforward attack potion. For a simplier change though I do agree she should have magic, even if the range was low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Kumohara
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you're lucky enough to get it in a game Vandella's "Wink" item (I forget what it's called) works nicely with her due to the +1 Red will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input!

Kirenx wrote:
This may be more than you were looking to change, but personally the introduction of offensive potions had me thinking C&C should get an overhaul to include 1 straightforward attack potion. For a simplier change though I do agree she should have magic, even if the range was low.

Yeah, I pondered having her use potions as well (though I didn't know about the new 'offensive' potions until you mentioned them ). The thing I'm hesitant on with that is that it seems like they'll be very tough to balance out with her Sugar Rush ability and still keep her focus as a support character; if an attack potion is good enough, she'll never bother saving up for Sugar Rush. And I don't feel like it would have to be all that great to obsolete Sugar Rush.

I'd still like for her main focus to be on generating potions and boosting other heroes; I just think she needs a little kick to.

Quote:
If you're lucky enough to get it in a game Vandella's "Wink" item (I forget what it's called) works nicely with her due to the +1 Red will.

Or if you get the one bow in the base game that grants a ranged attack. A magic attack would work even better! It might be nice if a few of the basic +WILL and +DEX items gave a magic/ranged attack as well.

This is more complicated than I was originally wanting, but now I'm considering giving her two extra abilities:

( 1 ) Bottle Rocket Missile 4. Candy can only use this attack if Cola rolled a blank this turn.

( 3 ) Mento Blast Magic 6, Burst 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing around a bit, I'm now leaning toward:

( 1 ) Bottle Rocket Missile 4. Candy can only use this attack if Cola rolled a blank this turn.

Potion + ( 1 ) Mento Blast - Magic, Lance 2.

I'd really like to give the Mento Blast 'Spray', but I think that's a bit too large an area of effect for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.