4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Hero card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
I was going through the components of the game and noticed that on the hero cards that are included in 2.0 all have a small blue circle under the hero portrait.

In the conversion kit that circle has icons in it to tell you what expansion the hero came from originally plus the circle can be different colours. What do the different colours mean? At first I thought it meant fighter, mage, thief etc but all the cards from the 2.0 box are blue, so that doesn't fit... The colours are red, blue, green, and yellow if I remember correctly.

Thx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check again, the colors match the hero's archetype (red for Warrior, green for Scout, blue for Healer and yellow for Mage). The expansions, including the recent Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Lair of the Wyrm have an icon on this bubble, indicating which expansion it comes from. The Conversion Kit doesn't have its own icon, instead it has the icon from the original Descent set it came from. The base 2nd Ed Heroes have no icon though, just the bubble.

Nice catch though, I never noticed it before. They've made the expansion icon part of the image, instead of just slapped on top.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas King
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure what where exactly on the card you mean. All 8 of your heroes have blue coloring in the borders and frames? They should all be of different colors: 2 blue, 2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Montag451 wrote:
Not sure what where exactly on the card you mean. All 8 of your heroes have blue coloring in the borders and frames? They should all be of different colors: 2 blue, 2 red, 2 yellow, 2 green.

Duh, i dont know what I was looking at. I rechecked and your right, 2 of each colour. Thanks for clarifying what the colours mean

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.