Subject: How is the solo play with this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Luison
Italy
Camisano Vicentino
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with 2-3 agents is quite easy, allowing you to try several combinations of agents and situations.
If you want to use all 5 agents, you must pay more attention, because you must keep track of the aliens too.
Every agent have a lot of abilities, powers and devices, so your first game will not be very comfortable.
Solo game requires a bit of "training" (not too much, only 1 or 2 missions): you'll lost the cooperative side of the game (talking with your friends and choosing the best strategy together) but the game is really for 1-5 players.
Galaxy Defenders adjust the difficult every time an agent leaves the game, so you can use 1,2 or all 5 agents!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Agent
msg tools
mb
The solo play is possible
A single player may take control of 1 to 5 agents, the upper-left icon of each mission indicates the minimum number of agents to deploy.
Each event card will set the difficulty level based on the number of agents in play.
Play a solo game with 5 agents is a nice experience that requires a deep tactical strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there missions in the core set that support a single agent comfortably? Controlling multiple agents at once sounds potentially interesting eventually, but a bit like jumping into the deep end of the pool to learn how to swim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alpha Agent
msg tools
mb
Yes,

there are missions for "single agent" play and they are particular "cool" with infiltrator

I honestly prefer to play with at least two agents , just to create the "team feeling" because, do you really will go alone against these aliens ??
cool

by the way, on the first part of each mission sheet there is an icon that represents the suggested number of agents.

Let me know if you need more info

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Galaxy Defenders wrote:
there are missions for "single agent" play and they are particular "cool" with infiltrator

I honestly prefer to play with at least two agents , just to create the "team feeling" because, do you really will go alone against these aliens ??
cool

Awesome, glad to hear! Generally, I suspect I would not want to go it alone, but when first learning the game reducing the amount of complexity to make it manageable is always nice.

Even if the aliens do end up kicking my butt initially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.