James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone get the Arwen card yet? How does one go about that?

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
They were sent along with the games by the distributor (Alliance in USA) to brick and mortar stores who ordered the game. If your store didn't get any, they need to contact Alliance and sort it out.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or Crypotzoic could let the BGG store sell them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Double checked tonight... They never got the promo cards :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alliance didn't get their cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darksome S. Brute
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my promo cards in Toronto. 401 had them. They didn't arrive with the initial shipment, but eventually came.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wilcock
United Kingdom
Wallingford
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My (very small, independent, UK based) FLGS did not have the promo cards cry
Any second chance way of getting them?

Want Arwen bad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kreps
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Matt Hyra wrote:
They were sent along with the games by the distributor (Alliance in USA) to brick and mortar stores who ordered the game. If your store didn't get any, they need to contact Alliance and sort it out.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Matt,

My local game store was out of copies so I ordered it through them last Friday. They didn't know anything about the promo because they didn't receive any with their first few copies. They do order through Alliance so I asked them to check when they placed my order. I picked it up last night and they reported that Alliance hadn't even responded to their question. He also called a couple other local stores (Chicagoland area) and none had received any promos. For what it is worth, they did receive the promo with the DC deck builder.

I hope Cryptozoic will find a way to help out those of us that wanted this promo.

Andrew

Update: Sigh, an hour after I post, the store calls to say they just received some promos in a separate shipment and one is being held for me! Hopefully things work out for everyone else too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Farr
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local store (granted, it is South Africa) purchases through Alliance and got no promo cards. I have asked them to check with Alliance, and they might, as I am buying a second copy of the game from them (it's so good, my nephews want their own copy). I hope I don't end up having to hunt on eBay to get them.

Edit: Hoorah! They have Arwen promo cards arriving next week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Esdicul
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
I called one of my FLGS after I read this thread and asked them about this promo card. It was kind of weird because he insisted that I didn't buy the game from them and mentioned something along the lines that they didn't order through Alliance or something (basically that they didn't get it) and hung up on me.

I don't think that store is going to be very helpful if I try to ask again. Checked Amazon and they have an Arwen promo set for 25$ and I can't afford that right now.

Is there anything that I can do to get the Arwen promo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Steerpike.Instance wrote:

Want Arwen bad

Aragorn might have something to say about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.